F1

Id like to buy a used F1 tyre or wheel. . .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    australian
    Participant

any tips on where to get a legit one?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

You won’t get a tyre. When the race weekend is over, all of the tyres are returned to Pirelli, who take them back to their factory and run a diagnosis on them to make sure there are no defects in them; they usually get destroyed or put into storage to keep them from being acquired by rival tyre developers.

As for the wheels, I believe they’re kept by the teams. The only way you could get one is if you were attending an event and a car crashed and you were able to get the wheel rim. otherwise, check eBay – but you can expect to pay thousands of dollars for it. Tyres and wheels aren’t exactly the kinds of things that are readily available.

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

After Buemi’s crash in practice at last year’s Chinese Grand Prix, a fan managed to get hold of a wheel with tyre (if a little flat-spotted) – not sure if he got to keep it – contact him. ;)

SouthAussie94
    Participant

You could buy rear suspension wishbone from Red Bull, signed by all the drivers..

And the money goes to a good cause..

https://secure.auctiondesq.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=item&AuctionID=24801&OrgID=8108

$10,600 Australian dollars is the bid at the moment. Pretty good buy I think

Calum
    Participant

Ferrari sell exhausts, and other internal componants on their internet store.

GeeMac
    Participant

My local tyre fitment place used to have a table that was just Karl Wedelinger’s 1993 Sauber left rear tyre with a round sheet of glass over it…I wanted it so much when i was a kid, hell, I’d still have it in my house!!

BrawnGP
    Participant

I have a rim from a Mclaren F1 (road car). The car was going round a high speed ring when a nail on the track tore through the wheel and rim and ended up destroying the car. They sent my dad the wheel for the insurance claim but never asked for it back. One day I’ll turn it into a table like GeeMac metioned.

australian
    Participant

Woo, a nail tore through the wheel and rim ? What kinda nail was that ? And it destroyed the car ? Is ur Dad as insurance assessor ? Yeah exactly the coffee table or just to hang it on my wall is the plan, I read somewhere years ago that there is a Website that sells a lot of used F1 objects. Wings, wheels, drivers glove basically a bit of everything, I just can’t find this site and am cautious it may be fake stuff anyway ………

BrawnGP
    Participant

Yeah, its amazing the damage it did, but it was going top speed which is what? 200 mph? So the nail must have shot out the rubber at quite a speed! It was the fastest road car in the world at the time. Dads a loss adjuster.

I remember when Toyota pulled out of F1 you could get loads of parts, really fancied a rear wing but didn’t have alot of spare cash at the time :)

Dan Thorn
    Participant

@GeeMac

I’ve noticed a couple of them knocking round on ebay. My girlfriend has given me permission to buy one when we get our own place…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m sure Goodyear used to sell racing-suit-style boots and trainers with rubber soles made from used F1 tyres.

Mads
    Participant
    Ratboy
    Keymaster

Thats not a ’96 Benetton

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/F1-WHEEL-RIM-SEBASTIAN-VETTEL-RB6-RED-BULL-Id-No-120-/310317441502?pt=UK_Sports_Memorabilia_ET&hash=item48405c61de

He has a few wheels and other F1 Merchandise on sale, a 2008 Williams rear Wing too

Mads
    Participant

@Ratboy it looks like it to me. Just a slightly different livery. But if it isn’t a ’96 Benetton what is it then?

Ratboy
    Keymaster
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.