Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 1 hour, 44 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Id like to buy a used F1 tyre or wheel. . .

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GeeMac GeeMac 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mads
    Mads
    Participant

@Ratboy ah okay i see. I just looked up a picture of a 1996 Benetton and the shape was exactly the same, but you are right it must be a 1998. Though the engine in the car i linked to has a V8, where the 1998 has a V10. Soo.. it may be a 1998 chassis with a 1996 engine fitted? I don’t know, but it seems a bit weird.

Profile photo of Ratboy
    Ratboy
    Keymaster

’96 Benetton were still Renault V10’s so he’s got a totally wrong engine in it from somewhere.

also i’d feel quite geeky about knowing this if it werent for the fact its an F1 site haha

I dont think i’ll place a bid….

Profile photo of australian
    australian
    Participant

thanks Calum, anyone got an idea where that goodyear could be from ? i.e. year ? when did goodyear stop- running in F1?

Profile photo of Ratboy
    Ratboy
    Keymaster

@Australian your looking pre’97 as after that they were grooved tyres

Profile photo of Revlimiter1
    Revlimiter1

I have a Good Year Eagle F1 tyre in my room dont know much Info on it all I know is that it has MSC on the side and benetton on the inside as a sticker so…. I also have a Ginetta visor from the owner of the company and he signed it but at this test was the legendary Nigel Mansell and he signed it also :)

Profile photo of DamionShadows
    DamionShadows
    Participant

I went to Petit LeMans last year and saw a few vendors that had wheels for sale (not sure what they were from) and I saw some guy loading one into the trunk of his F430, lol. I’m thinking about buying one if I can find one.

Profile photo of AlanK
    AlanK
    Participant

I have arim from a 1990`s Benetton. I use it as a bin in my garage!

Profile photo of GeeMac
    GeeMac
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.