F1

Ideal formula one game

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

There dosent seem to be as many F1 games around to play these days as in the past, but the ones that are around are very well developed and fun to play . So this got me wondering if you could make your own game what special features would it contain?

For me it would feature, variable weather, realistic handling/ tyre wear. Lots of various driving postions, ablity to test/ race classic cars from the past.

Maybe as an expansion pack the ablity to start a carrier from karting, through various lower formulas i.e British F3/ GP2 etc. Maybe even have the ablity to be talent spotted and fast tracked by someone like red bull junior driver program

Sri Harsha
    Participant

It mostly depends on Who was developing the game for me
    But for me i want atleast two seasons with realistic tire wear / Handling along with the track characteristics and AI to match Player.
    Starting as Test Driver in season 1 and having FP1’s and testing various aspects in Preseason/ In season/Post Season tests.
    Then Season 2 with being 2nd driver and driving in pre season working with team and then doing entire season
    finally here Copy CM Career Mode situation be #1 Driver by beating him in season 2 for season 3
    If a company can ideally achieve this , then we can ask for lower series or Past seasons.

sam3110
    Participant

I want every track used since 1970 in the game, AI that make mistakes and don’t just constantly stick to the exact racing line no matter what, variable weather, the ability to design your own helmet and the ability to start your own team and design everything for it

Dan
    Participant

A few years ago I had a game similar to that but you were the team boss for the 1998-1999 season and had to hire/ sack drivers senior team personal as well as try to help the team by “wooing sponsors”. At one point I even had in one team Michael Schumacher driving, Ross Brawn doing technical stuff/ strategy, Adrian Newy designing the car it was very easy to attract sponsorship when you win everything

Retired
    Participant

Definitely a single-seater ladder. F1 games are too poor in terms of content: in the end it’s only 10 (may vary) different cars and 20 (may vary) different tracks. You ain’t got anything more than that ultimatly.

I bought Grid Autosport for that “ladder” reason, but didn’t own F1 2014 who’s just another F1 game…

Something like a career through F3 to F2 (should I write Future F2?) to F1 would just please me.

Fer no.65
    Participant

If I had to chose, “ladder” games as described by those above are cool, but I’d go for something like “scenario based”. Pretty much like F1 World Championship (1997 season)for Nintendo 64, when you had to replicate feats done by real life drivers (or better them), such as beating everyone in a rainy Spa using intermediates (MSC), making it to the pits after losing a wheel in Hockenheim (Fisichella), trying to win after the gearbox failed in Hungary (Damon Hill), and so on.

It was very fun and incredibly difficult. I also like very hard license tests like those in early Gran Turismo games. I’ll never get more satisfied with a bit of gaming than the time I scored a Gold in the racing Oreca Viper at Laguna Seca in GT2.

Nick
    Participant

Personally I’d very much enjoy a Gran Turismo/Forza type game, but instead of leagues, seasons or scenarios. Not a career option with the right cars per se (ie: you start in 1993 and the cars of your second season are actual 1994 cars, like F1 Season Challenge) but being able to both enter a season as yourself or a particular driver, in a free mode and a scenario mode, like @fer-no65 described. I’d have a lot of fun trying my hand at getting the best championship result for a random driver in the 50s, as well as a scenario like the 2005 European GP as Kimi; do you continue and risk a DNF or stop and go for 2nd?

I think the main thing I’d enjoy is more than one season worth of content and more than the typical ‘career/race/time trial/online’ options every race game ever has. Especially if you’d be able to run a grid of random F1 cars from all times on a track from any time, but that’s probably a licensing nightmare, not to mention it’d take aeons to actually make all the cars and tracks as a license holder (as a lot of work has been done for rFactor mods).

Theo Parkinson
    Participant

I have high hopes for F1 2015 so I’d love it to be like this.

Three modes:

Career: The tutorial is the final 10 laps of a junior series race. At the end your the champion and you get given offers from multiple teams depending on how well you did in that race. Some offers allow you to jump straight in to small teams like Caterham, Marrusia, Sauber or Toro Rosso, while others allow you to become a test driver for Mclaren, Ferrari, Williams etc. The second season is 2015 and you can then sign for a new team. You can do 3 more seasons afterwards, with driver and team performance changing throughout. For example Raikkonen is quite slow in the fifth season while Verstappen is much faster than he was in 2015. I hope the cars encounter reliabilty issues similar to real life and different teams have different pit stop stats. For example Mercedes are the most consistent, Red Bull the quickest, Williams the highest chance of messing it up, Lotus the worst.

Challenge: These are challenges that you jump into and have to recreate moments from 2014 and new 2015 challenges get added as the real season progresses. Some challenges could be win the Bahrain race as Hamilton, build a gap over the 5 second penalty as Bianchi in Monaco, overtake Hamilton and Alonso in Hungary as Ricciardo, hold Massa off as Perez in Russia etc.

Online: Choose between separate playlists. Social is a playlist that you have to complete one hour in before access to others. This is one just for fun and the races are only 3 laps long. Competitive are 25% races where drivers can get points on their license if other players decide to give them one. If you get 12 points you are banned for a day. The goal is to get more serious racing online. The third playlist is Pro, these are 100% races with Practice and qualifying. To play in this playlist you must reach a certain rank in Competitive. It should be easy to create your own league or join a current one. The biggest leagues should have viewable championship tables for everyone to see. Hopefully there is some sort of theatre mode similar to Halo, but one that also allows you to watch any race live.

Dan
    Participant

I would like to have an ability to add a random affect on the races as often in real life this can change races dramatically. Not just getting punctures, losing gears or performance due to damage but something like at Silverstone in 2003/ Hockenhim 2000 were a safety car was needed as a member of the public was on the track which destroyed some drivers race or gave others an incredible chance to win (Barichello in both of these examples), or as in Silverstone 1998 an umbrella nearly getting run over

Matt
    Participant

Well I just found a copy of F1 Challenge 1999-2002 for the PC and that game with the mods for all historical seasons from 1950 to the present gives you chance to put yourself in any car and change the rules to make them realistic or not for car performance and reliability. The AI is still a bit predictable – but then again so are most games even today such as Real Racing 3 for iOS. I know about R Factor but haven’t seen that though it seems to be based on older gaming systems.

I am only on the base 1999 season doing practice in Fisichella’s Benetton, but I can’t wait to try some other classic seasons from the late 60’s, 70’s, and 80’s especially. One intersting one for me would be Ligier in 1979 racing as if Depallier never got in that hangliding accident maybe they challenge for the title all year long.

If they had the above with good AI, great Forza graphics, plus ability to make your own team/driver and place in a historical season – that would be excellent.

A new iOS F1 game with real courses would be swell too – no full game since the 2011 season is very disappointing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.