F1

If Top Gear did F1

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    VettelS

I had this idea a while a go, and thought I’d post it here because it’d be AWESOME.

If Top Gear commentated on an entire F1 race, live. Obviously it would only be a one off thing, and would be broadcast on BBC3 or something- so it didn’t interrupt the normal coverage. I was thinking they could do it for Comic Relief or something.

I think it’d be hilarious. Hammond and May know sod all about F1 although you get the impression that Clarkson knows quite a bit. It’d have to live as well (obviously)- just sit them in a commentating box and broadcast whatever they come up with. I’d pay money for that.

Icthyes
    Participant

The BBC would be flooded with thousands of whiney complaints from people who only heard the comments from a friend who tuned in. Given how script-driven Top Gear is nowadays i don’t think it would be that great.

Lee Harrison
    Participant

Much as I’d love to see it, they’ve actually discussed it in the “News” section on the show and said how bad an idea it’d be. You do get the impression that Clarkson is a big fan though and probably would if he could lol.

Mack41
    Participant

They’d get bored after a lap and start being ridiculous… Which would be fine for Bahrain and Singapore. But what if the Top Gear production, cinematography, and camera guys were put in charge of filming this years British Grand Prix? I think that’d be stellar, especially with some helmet cams!

BrawnGP
    Participant

It would just be Clarkson commentating (yes he is a big F1 fan and watches every race.) I can imagine him saying ‘All this is irrelevant… Rubens was fastest round the Top Gear track.’ You would have James saying ‘They go awfully fast dont they’ and then youd have Hammond in the background whitening his teeth.

Funkyf1
    Participant

Hammond would have to stand on a box just to see out of the commentry window, Clarkson would be banned from running onto the track and May would be complaining about…… something

Icthyes
    Participant

As soon as Petr…someone crashed Clarkson would say “That was almost as good as yours, Richard”

AndrewTanner
    Participant

As much as I love Top Gear and F1..I think mixing the two would be terrible! Although their filming of that Proton on the rally stage was sublime last night.

Joey-Poey
    Participant

Live commentary, I’m not so sure it’d be a great idea. After the fact, doing it ala Mystery Science Theater 3000, THAT would have some serious potential!

BrawnGP
    Participant

a top gear challenge could be for them to make their own f1 car, that would be awsome, their electric car was really good :D

Adrian J
    Participant

Well in the spirit of their “How hard can it be” mantra when it comes to building their own cars etc…

There’s a guy over on F1 Technical who’s bought a Honda RA107 minus the engine and is now trying to return it to running order.

What I think would make for a good Top Gear Challenge would be for them to buy an F1 car in the same state and try to get it back up and running…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.