• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 17 hours, 53 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Impressions from India qualifying interview

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of crr917 crr917 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

What did you guys think of the interview? Webber looked so dejected to the point that that it really reminded me of Silverstone 2010. I wish someone would have served a few glasses of water to them before the interview:-)

I have the impression that Webber felt that Red Bull put him behind McLaren on purpose so he wouldn’t get a 2nd lap and lose pole.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I think Webber always looks bored to tears during those interviews, and today was no exception. I didn’t get the impression that you did at all.

Profile photo of crr917
    crr917
    Participant

I think Webber left pits ahead of Hamilton and made a mistake on his fast lap. Am I wrong?

Profile photo of Michael
    Michael
    Participant

There was a Red Bull leaving the pits behind McLaren – Webber complained about the slow pace of the McLaren in the outlap to warm up the tires and that’s why he wasn’t able to do a 2nd lap so I’m pretty sure it was him.

Both Webber’s and Hamilton’s body language spoke volumes – at one point, Vettel said “Pole position is the best spot and I’m sure both of them would want to have pole”. No one even responded or looked Vettel’s way ;) They both must have heard him but chose to ignore him completely. Webber even started his comments by referencing Vettel’s statements so he must have been paying attention…

I love these interviews!

Profile photo of crr917
    crr917
    Participant

That’s an old joke. Besides getting beaten by so little is always irritating. And I don’t remember Webber being happy when he is second to Vettel. Ever. :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.