F1

Is Button the new Stig – Brundle blunder?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

During the Belgian GP, lap 22, just as Button overtakes Schumi (about 105 minutes in if you recorded the whole thing on Sky+), Brundle’s feverish commentary included the words “Stig against Michael Schumacher”, then he immediately reverts back to calling him Button and says something like “Button’s through!”

Was this a Freudian slip by Brundle, who might know who the new Stig is? Check the commentary. He definitely says it.

beneboy
    Participant

I doubt that Jenson would have the time to be the Stig & I doubt the BBC could afford to pay him.

Icthyes
    Participant

You might be onto something, have you ever seen Button and the Stig park in the same place? Oh hang on…

raymondu999
    Participant

He was just talking to Ted Kravitz. “While you were telling us that, Button was super-late on the brakes, and made the move stick on Michael Schumacher and overtakes him for 2nd place.”

Stick, not Stig ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

D’oh! Why I oughta…. thanks for clearning that up. Still, Button could be the Stig…

raymondu999
    Participant

Some say… he has a Japanese girlfriend…. and some say… he has a father that wears pink to Grands Prix :P

ob1kenobi.23
    Participant

Some say he has no dandruff, some say he’s head & shoulders above the rest & some even say he has a penchant for arriving in other peoples pits, all we know is he’s called Jense.

raymondu999
    Participant

Having said that I don’t think it is him; for what it’s worth. The lines they take around the top gear test track are very different.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some say…….he takes different lines to confuse people & that he’s Austin Powers love child! [Monaco Baby!!!]

:-]

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some say he has a tattoo of a button to remind him of his other identity and that Head&Shoulders does wonders for his helmet.

Sorry they really were awful!

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Some say the Stig once stopped outside the Fifth Gear studio by mistake and that 60% of the laps he does aren’t shown on TV because he was unhappy with the levels of grip…

DamionShadows
    Participant

Lol, is it just me or should “Some say…” become it’s own thread?

raymondu999
    Participant

Some say… he deserves his own thread… Some say… he’s Jenson Button…

Anonymous
    Inactive

No he ain’t…. but i know who is.

Skett
    Participant

I suspect he meant to say that Schumacher was the stig and got it round the wrong way (because there was an episode of top gear where Schumacher came in dressed as the stig).

Also the new stig has quite a flamboyant oversteery style, doesn’t seem very jense

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.