F1

Is Schumacher the driver he used to be?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fahadalam007
    Participant

As you have seen schumacher’s form in the 2010 some say that he should retire again and coming back out was a big mistake but the question is that is schumacher the driver he used to be???I think that Schumacher is still who he was in ferrari he has the same passion to win but definetly he has lost some of his skills.In the last race he showed us that he is still the same driver that he used to be.He is misjudged by the critics hwho say he is never what he used to be.I am with schumacher that if he gets a good car for 2010 he will definetly be fighting for the title

wasiF1
    Participant

I kind of agree with you about what you said. I think the car isn’t what he wanted so yes if he would have had a Red Bull or a Ferrari he could have challenged for the victory & even for the championship.

Last thing where are you from?

Maksutov
    Participant

It is not logically possible that in 3 years one could forget how to drive. Maybe his reaction time has slightly diminished but i wouldn’t say by much. I doubt Schumacher lost any of his skill. But we must remember that Ferrari always built a car to suit his driving style and it is possible that he became a bit too comfortable with that luxury over the years. Meaning that he may now be trying to maximize what he can do with the car, rather then to explore and exploit what the car can do for him.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I don’t thnik his reaction times have diminished; he had a big moment in Monaco during practice and he was on it in a heartbeat. I just think his race craft is rusting, it’s still Schumi who doesn’t like to let anyone by anyway, he’s struggling with the tyres, he’s had three years out and although he’s stayed fit an F1 life will still be up a gear for him, he doesn’t like the car (although he used to be known for driving around a cars issues but this one is meant to be understeery) and the field is so much more competitive. At times he’s only been a few hundredths off his teammate I think and that’s not bad for someone who has just came back.

Also it took Lauda time for a title I think even if he was immediately quick and Prost had easily the best car. The other comebackers are forgettable so I think he’s doing an alright job.

fahadalam007
    Participant

im from a country u little know of Pakistan and there r alot of people here how are f1 fanatics

wasiF1
    Participant

I thought Pakistan like Cricket & Hockey more good to know that there are many F1 fans there. I am from Bangladesh but I doubt that there are even thousands F1 fanatics here.

Hare
    Participant

The agreed fact about Schumacher is that he built a team around himself. Undoubtably he was the best driver for the best team with the best funding of the day. As a unit, they worked perfectly. Today though, if he’s going to win again, he needs the same vein of treatment, to allow him to develop the car to his liking, then he can apply his craft.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.