F1

Mercedes running a suspension system called Fric?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Roald
    Participant

Multiple sources are reporting that Mercedes is running some kind of legal active suspension called Fric. A bit more about it can be found here: http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/report-active-suspension-the-key-to-mercedes-speed/

Now they might not have the best aerodynamics but you can always count on Brawn’s team to think of some interesting new ways to get the cars closer up front!

Thoughts?

AdrianMorse
    Participant

I think on The Racer’s Edge Scarbs mentioned something about that, in particular whether they would continue to run it or whether they would revert to a more traditional suspension setup. So from that I didn’t conclude it was a massive performance generator. With Mercedes now at the front – seemingly – it might not be long before we hear team bosses “asking for clarification”, and the FIA banning it for 2014 ;-)

andae23
    Participant

I’ve heard that story before: Mercedes have developed a suspension system that links front to rear as well as left to right. I’m not knowledgeable enough to completely understand it, but I know the advantage from the latter one is that the car is less tempted to roll in corners as it partially acts as an anti-roll bar

Alfie
    Participant

I thought this was a joke related to Hamilton’s liberal use of the word ‘fricking’..

Roald
    Participant

@keithcollantine why did you change the title of this thread? it’s a title I came across on google and I thought it was fitting…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.