F1

"I’ve never rolled a racing car before…"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

I was interested to note over the Japanese Grand Prix that Daniil Kvyat’s said his qualifying crash was the first time he’d ever rolled a racing car.

It left me wondering which of the current crop of drivers are in the same situation? Who among them has rolled a racing car?

Kvyat’s team mate has – here’s Daniel Ricciardo being flipped by Jon Lancaster in a Formula Renault 3.5 race at Silverstone in 2010:

So which can cross the two Red Bull drivers off the list. Which other F1 drivers have flipped – in F1 or other series?

Do we think there are any others out there who have never been upside-down? Over to you…

AmbroseRPM
    Participant

We can cross Perez off the list too, he rolled in FP1 in Hungary, Gutierez has too (assuming he is a Haas driver, he counts). Has Button or Raikkonen?

I don’t recall seeing VES rolling his car (he was the flying Dutchman in Monaco though, but that’s not close never mind the cigar)

I don’t recall the last time VET rolled his car. Did he when he injured his finger?

MAL has, unfortunately I don’t think it was his own :)

Matthijs
    Participant

Webber dind’t just roll but somersaulted his car on several occations, in and out F1 (Le Mans and Valencia). He’s no F1 driver anymore, but for the efforts he deserves an honourable mention.

safeeuropeanhome
    Participant

Raikkonen has: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87566

Not a single seater, but still.

safeeuropeanhome
    Participant

And of course so has Massa. Germany 2014 at the first corner with Magnussen.

So here’s the list so far:

Lewis Hamilton
    Nico Rosberg
    Daniel Ricciardo
    Daniil Kvyat
    Felipe Massa
    Valtteri Bottas
    Sebastian Vettel
    Kimi Raikkonen
    Fernando Alonso
    Jenson Button
    Nico Hulkenberg
    Sergio Perez
    Max Verstappen
    Carlos Sainz Jnr
    Romain Grosjean
    Pastor Maldonado
    Marcus Ericsson
    Felipe Nasr
    Will Stevens
    Alexander Rossi
    Roberto Merhi
    Kevin Magnussen

I honestly think it’s a bit sad MAL hasn’t been crossed out…:(

uan
    Participant

I’d be curious who has the longest non-crash streak among current drivers. Vettel used to be dubbed the “Crash Kid” but I don’t remember the last time I’ve seen him crash since Belgium 2010 – I don’t think Brazil 2012 counts has he kept running.

PorscheF1
    Participant

Really thinking hard but I’m afraid this is it..?

@xtwl Yeah I’ve been racking my brains on this one, I though there’d be more!

Cristian
    Participant

Maldonado did roll a car before – he rolled Gutierrez in Bahrain

PorscheF1
    Participant

Obviously below drivers are all quite a distance from careers like Button…

Marcus Ericsson
    Felipe Nasr
    Will Stevens
    Alexander Rossi
    Roberto Merhi
    Kevin Magnussen
    Max Verstappen
    Carlos Sainz Jnr

But still I can’t believe there are so little F1 drivers who have had a roll.

Boywonder
    Participant

Carlos junior is probably sick of hearing his dad’s stories… https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiJwxbGLeJM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.