F1

James Allen returns to F1 Commentary (sort of)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

On the radio this morning when I was travelling to school I heard an advert for Coco Pops wheels, and they did an F1 sketch where James Allen was commentating on the F1 Coco Pops race.

Some people never change.

RIISE

We need James back, maybe he could be Ted Kravitz’s pit lane sidekick? He was brilliant at that when Murray was still commentating for ITV.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

What a naff advert! I actually quite liked James Allen’s commentary… although as that video shows he also has a rather annoying voice. I’m imagine he’s happy with the freelance role he has had of late

I got used to James Allen as the years went by. You could never fault his passion and knowledge of the sport, even if you did find his Hamilton bias a bit irritating. I would give anything to have him back now.

RIISE

I don’t know, I thought the Hamilton bias was quite patriotic, after the years of disappointment with Jenson it was good to see Lewis emerge and bring some flare back to F1. You could never fault his knowledge though, through all the races he was guessing teams strategies and got them right almost always, in a lot of cases he was more knowledgeable than Brundle (Although James could never know being in an F1 car was like being in a bathtub).

If James came back to commentate, that would be brilliant, alas I don’t think it’s going to happen since the BBC won’t have the balls to sack Legard.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.