F1

'James Allison to leave Ferrari' report

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kenny Schachat
    Participant

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2016/07/ferrari-crisis-james-allison-to-leave.html

The outlook for Ferrari is looking very worrisome indeed. It’s really confounding that a company with their resources continues to fall short in F1 over so many years. I think It points to a endemic problem within the company culture. In contrast, their road car business is in great shape…

This is the original article which has been regurgitated in various places today:

http://www.gazzetta.it/Formula-1/18-07-2016/ferrari-sbanda-marchionne-prende-volante-160398956262.shtml

It basically repeats what has been reported before, which is that Allison wasn’t appointed by the current administration under Marchionne and that he may wish to return to the England following the tragic death of his wife earlier this year.

Kenny Schachat
    Participant

Whether Allison has now left mainly because he (understandably) wants to be back home in England or also because he was pushed out by Marchionne and Co., I stand by my assessment that there are some fundamental problems in the Scuderia. During Montezemolo’s tenure, he created an atmosphere of fear and intimidation that resulted in a decision making paralysis where the staff were driven by avoiding mistakes rather than innovation and inspiration. When people operate from fear of negative judgement, the result is that they narrow their options and limit their thinking. It never works

By contrast, when Todt, Brawn and Schumacher were trying turn Ferrari around, Todt fought Montezemolo and and the Fiat bosses from interfering and gave the Scuderia the breathing room to be creative and grow. That type of culture hasn’t been seen at Ferrari in over a decade.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.