Group Admins

• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 30 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Just when you think you can forgive ferrari (Plus other problems with f1)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Brunning93 Brunning93 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Brunning93
    Participant

I don’t understand what Ferrari is on, if I’m honest. I have a list of points to show why

1. Felipe deserved to win, he got the good start, and had the pace

2. Alonso will not win the championship this year, I will bet my house on it, so it’s not beneficial to the championship

3. What is meant to stop alonso just trying to pass felipe, it provides better racing, and if he was truly faster, he should have been able to do it

What really infuriates me, is the way everyone at ferrari were lying through their teeth, and avoiding the questions. In the press conference, they asked fernando whether he had said over the radio ‘let me pass’ He said shit all about the radio, and about what he said, and said some shit about it being a good result for the team. Worst of all, he tried to pass it off as a genuine pass. Smedley, who I thought would at least say his piece, said some shit about apologising because he didnt let felipe go fast enough. Its all absolute rubbish, this is why I hate ferrari, and why I’m becoming less and less faithful to f1. Ive probably missed about 5 gps all of which because Ive been on holiday, since I started watching at the end of 2000, and it feels more and more like its a waste of my time, a burden that I have to watch it.

Anyway, I’m going to go onto the other problems. I saw, I think it was around lap 40, that the gap to 7th place that the gap was around 70 seconds! Something needs to be done to bring that gap down. Sadly, the teams will never agree to use a standard chassis or engine, and I guess its a bad idea overall, because it wouldn’t be a team thing anymore. Then I would suggest using increased, more strict regulations, doing as much as you can to bring them all together.

Also, the fact that apart from the start, that being one of the most appalling races I’ve seen, shows that something needs to be done in terms of making overtaking possible. The idea that fia are coming up with, with the spoiling of the rear wing that the car infront cant react to (I’m not going to go into details, this is long enough anyway) makes it good for the drivers, but its not good action, its one car driving past the other. There needs to be something to allow the cars to properly jostle easier, to make better racing, because as intriguing as watching a strategic race is, its hard to keep ful attention because theres nothing eye catching.

Anyway, I’ve said my bit, feel free to disagree if you please.

pepsiperfect

Completely agree, that was a shocking race than did nothing for F1.

Something has to be done to make it more racing.

The abandoned medal system could be good for F1, instead of a points system.

Though U need to find a way of benefiting the lower teams, who strive for the single points – like minardi did in the old days.

Brunning93
    Participant

I think they need to have the friday morning test session for the lower teams back, or even better, have test sessions for the ‘division B’ as its been affectionately known.

Brunning93
    Participant

I also think they should officialy have a division B, with points for those drivers, whilst these teams have no chance to compete with the other teams. At least then they have something to strive for.

Brunning93
    Participant

I also think they should officialy have a division B, with points for those drivers, whilst these teams have no chance to compete with the other teams. At least then they have something to strive for.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

I totally disagree with giving more help to the slower teams – it destroys all of the effort and hard work of the top teams who’ve gone through hell and high water to make it to the top. If a team is truly driven and well organised they’ll get somewhere, if not then they fall by the wayside.

Lord Stig
    Participant

I think a division B is really a bad idea. You can say it would be nice to give them a chance, but they knew when they signed up they were going to be a few seconds off of the pace of the RBR’s or McLaren’s. Also it is important for the “New Teams” to strive to get to the top level. A B series is not helpful. If the FIA/FOM really wants to help them I would think some sort of sponsorship support. Not the FIA or FOM giving them money, but I some way of linking the new teams with sponsors. That would certainly help the likes of HRT, who are doing their driver musical chairs hoopla.

wasiF1
    Participant

@ Brunning93

I too think that Alonso won’t wins the championship this season.

Brunning93
    Participant

who was the last completely new team who are still in the sport right now, besides the three new teams? If you include teams that have been taken over, but are still essentially the same team, I would say force india a.k.a the dying embers of jordan, which was almost two decades ago, unless you count red bull coming from stewart, but theyre not anywhere close to similar to what stewart were. Anyway, if you dont include those teams, I fear you may have to go back as the mega established teams, ie williams and renault, who after checking wikipedia, as I am nowhere near old enough to remember these things, was 33 years ago. Thats twice as long as I’ve lived. Does this not suggest that its verging to the impossible to establish your team in f1 and stay there, as the prices get steeper and the competition rises beyond comprehension. This is why I feel they need at least a major backing, because these teams basically were accepted at the last possible moment, specially HRT, who are my team of the season for actually staying on the track. But I doubt they will be there much longer without backing and sponsorship, and who would want to sponsor them, in the knowledge that they will get essentially no air time. Basically, Formula 1 is screwed up.

F1
    Participant

Ferrari got there comeuppance today and had there 2 places taken away from them, they are nothing but low down cheats who think they can manipulate F1, hasn’t Bernie Ecclestone got any say in this or in fact as he even given his point of view on the matter not just the FIA. I felt really sorry for Ron Smedley, Those Ferrari bosses know that if he had said no, he would probably be out of a job, Ron Smedley has always been an honest person, when he first said to Felippe about Alonso being faster you could tell in his voice he was annoyed especially when he said try and keep up with him, sorry!. why didn’t Ferraris main man tell Massa himself! whether Massa would have won that in the end is besides the point, Alonso is a cantankerous spoilt person always trying to get his own way. It goes to show that money rules.

All fans and supporters pay a lot of money and travel a long way to watch these races and see a good race not a manipulated one, i would think even thehardened Ferrari fans would have been disappointed in what went on yesterday.

The sponsors should also take note as well, especially the likes of Santander who use our hard earned money to support and sponsor cheats

Tom L.
    Participant

I think Red Bull-Jaguar-Stewart is the most recent new team still competing today.

Brunning93
    Participant

I dont really believe that they’re the same team though, because the teams changed so much since its break off from jaguar.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.