Where will Kamui Kobayashi go? The only spots left on the 2013 grid are:
1. Lotus possibly replacing Romain Grosjean
2. Marrussia replacing Charles Pic
3. Caterham possibly replacing Heikki Kovalianen or Vitaly Petrov
4. Force India
If those are your four options then I see nowhere for him!
1. I don’t see why Lotus would replace a fast driver prone to incident with another, slightly older fast driver prone to incident!
2. I’m 90% confident Marussia are going to sign Max Chilton
3. Bruno Senna is tipped for Caterham
4. I expect one of Bianchi/Sutil/Alguersuari at Force India.
As much as I’d love KK to stay, I think Sauber was his last chance…
I think some of you will hate me for the sentences i will write now.
Bruno Senna had enough possibilities to show that he is a good driver. But every time he showed that he is not a top driver. This year he was beaten by Maldonado. I think the Sponsors should stop buying him a cockpit.
To Kobayashi: In Q he was often faster than Perez. Perez looked good this season due to the tyre gambling. He demonstrated that he is a good driver in many races. It would be a shame if he will not get a cockpit for next year.
I think Lotus will rethink their decision to keep Grosjean. He caught my eye more with his bad races than with his good races.;)
If I may make a bold prediction: If Kobayashi fails to secure a race seat, which is looking increasingly likely, he could well end up testing tyres for Pirelli, replacing Jaime Alguersuari, who is rumoured to be heading for Force India. Kobayashi could also take the “Hakkinen Route” – become a test driver at one of the frontrunning teams, and eventually be promoted back to a race seat.
Don’t know if that’s official or just careless speculation on the BBC site (surely not…) – or whether he’s carrying on Pirelli testing. Their previous tester Lucas di Grassi seems to be racing Audis full-time now, though.