F1

Karthikeyan to drive for Force India?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

On Italy’s Autosprint magazine, I heard this juicy rumour that Narain Karthikeyan, the first Indian F1 driver, with Jordan, has revealed himself to be in relations with Vijay Mallya, and has $8 million in sponsorship from Tata Motors, India’s largest car manufacturer. Sutil, with $3 million Medion backing, is eyeing Renault and Williams. Liuzzi has been struggling against his teammate, and might be facing the axe. Paul di Resta is looking sharp with his DTM results for a 2011 seat, alongside…. Karthikeyan??! Anyways, in a year of driver changes determined by money, anything can happen. What do you guys think?

Hairs
    Participant

“In relations”

Takes “pay driver” to a whole other sphere.

Still, whatever gets you in the car.

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Ecclestone is pushing for ‘an Indian driver at a competitive team for the Indian GP’.

I think Karthikeyan’s been doing Superleague lately…

wasiF1
    Participant

That will be the worst decision by Force India.

Anonymous
    Inactive

di Resta and Kath’ would be unlikely as Mallya would probably go for some sort of continuity and hang on to Liuzzi. Mallya had said he wanted an Indian driver but one that was competitive and Karthikeyan was quite poor.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Ha!

That’s all I have to say about this.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Really?! That would be a strange, strange move. I’m not exactly Chandok mental like a lot of people, but he’d clearly be a better option if they wanted an Indian, although he doesn’t have that much money I suppose

Todfod
    Participant

Karthikeyan, along with Yuji Ide have gone down in history as the least deserving drivers to have entered Formula 1. I do not think any amount of money is enough to put Karthikeyan back in a formula1 car. I am Indian, and it would be a disgrace to my country, to have that no talent ass clown back in an F1 car. I much rather see Chandhok in an F1 car, he might be supremely talented either but he has grit, determination and personality.

Todfod
    Participant

*might not be* typo

Icthyes
    Participant

I think Vijay has enough money of his own to not need $8m from a reject.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.