F1

Knight hood

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Might not mean anything to anyone outside the UK but in a few weeks time its HRH Queen Elizabeth 2 birthdat honurs list. Hypothehticaly speaking, if you could award any one in F1 world a honur who would it be and why?

I would give Adrian Newy an OBE (Order of British Empire, so can use the leters OBE after your name) as he is a legendery designer and an ispiration to countless people to take an interest in enginering

I would give Murry Walker a knighthood (knight of Bitish empire so can use the title Sir) as he is a world wide respected commentating legend. So promoted F1 around the world inspiring people to get involved in enginering or motorsports

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Newey will probably get further honoured when he wins the Americas Cup with Ben Aislie.. I’d say John Surtees, not only for his championships on 2 and 4 wheels, but also because he’s raised a lot of money for charity, something the honours people like to award for. But alas, I fear that’ll never happen, as he’s been awarded the two minor honours for each respective area. Isn’t he the oldest living WDC at 80+? Moss, Surtees, Stewart.. 3 legends of the sport still going strong. 2 knights and one lesser honoured..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.