F1

Korean GP – which grandstand to choose

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Emilssi
    Participant

Hi everyone,

My name is Emil. I’m a long time reader of the F1F but this will be only my first post on the forum.

I have a question (Please relocate it if it’s in a wrong section); I need to get the ticket to Korean GP tonight but I can’t decide which grandstand to chose. Last year I sat at the main grandstand on friday and E-a on Sat and Sun. Well, on Friday there was not too much action on the main gs but I’m sure pit stops and first corner action etc. on raceday make it pretty exciting. E-a however was quite good as we could see corners 3 and 4, 5 and 7.

I’m curious what do you guys think. I’m sure some of you will be there too this year. I would really appreciate your help F1 fanatics.

Cheers

Emil

TommyB
    Participant

Spectators experiences are found here. As it’s only the second race though (And it’s in Korea) it’s obviously not booming with comments

https://www.racefans.net/f1-information/going-to-a-race/korean-international-circuit-spectators-experiences/

Emilssi
    Participant

Cheers Tommy,

Yep, I’ve seen this thread:)

My top 3 chices so far are: grandstand M towards the end of the longest straight (they brake from 320kph to 80 there, and perhaps there is a chance for overtaking), grandstand D (good view on turns 3,4,5 and 6), and the main grandstand (you can see, and importantly hear the start and see the pitstops)

Also, I just realized that on f1.com there is no grandstand M, but they have it on Yongnam’s official website

Eggry
    Participant

I think your 3 choice is quite good. Grandstand M exists surely. I think F1.com is slow to update or has wrong information considering last year. I think A is one of best position but it seems like there’s no ideal grandstand in Yongam though it’s little expensive.

Damn it! If I were Tilke, I would build grandstand R(last year’s gold and silver) to the opposite side! Its side is totally wrong! Most expensive seat but you can watch very small part of track. but I’m happy that I watched Alonso passing Vettel there last year :D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.