F1

Let's boycott a race

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Andy2286
    Participant

As another throughly dissapointed and angered fan, I feel we should all boycott a race out of protest… I am already boycotting Hungary, But as a collective unit we could perhaps have some impact.

Shall we boycott Monza?

Fer no.65
    Participant

Why?

S.J.M
    Participant

Why Monza? its one of the races everyone tunes into. Abu Dahbi however, would be a better choice.

And a boycott works when everyone does it, not just the UK.

davey
    Participant

Nobody except for the broadcasters would lose out. If you want to boycott a race, boycott it when it comes on sky.

I was listening to Radio 5 live last night, some idiot suggested we all boycott Silverstone next year. The only loser out of that would be silverstone.

If you want to protest about something. Make sure you affect the people you want to protest against. Not the innocent bystanders.

Personally I think if we all protested to the BBC and FOTA in one large petition, instead of lots of smaller ones, that would be the best route of attack. It’s not silverstones fault.

The BBC and Bernie Ecclestone are responsible, however with a bit of pressure on FOTA as well, with enough signatures; we as fans could get things our way.

sbl on tour
    Participant

whats the point in boycotting a race, thats a non starter, lets face it nothing we are going to do is going to make a difference, remember footy all those years ago!

TommyB
    Participant

Why? So the BBC lose even more money and can’t broadcast any races?

BrawnGP
    Participant

I really dont see the point in boycotting a race… to not watch something your complaining about not being able to watch for free… does it make sence? It will do nothing accept make you miss a race.

TommyB
    Participant

I really dont see the point in boycotting a race… to not watch something your complaining about not being able to watch for free… does it make sence?

Haha! Brilliant. Never thought about it that way.

Bullfrog
    Participant

Can we wait till next year and boycott Valencia?

Zadak

get a mate to sky+ it for you if you need to

These are private dealings, there is nothing fans can do to persuade FOM, BBC or Sky

matt90
    Participant

Boycotts are only worthwhile by people with the boxes that record viewership. Across the country only a few thousand households have the boxes, and these households contain in total 11,000+ viewers. The figures for what they watch is extrapolated for the whole country. Therefore, each viewer with access to a box represents 5,000 people.

If anybody other than these viewers turn off, the viewing figures aren’t affected- even by as much as one. I showed a link to wikipedia in a recent article.

Solo
    Participant

Heres something better. Try to convince as much people to stop giving money to pay TV and sky. Then maybe these accursed services will disappear and people will be able to watch their favorite sports in free air TV.

ivz
    Participant

Now with the internet, it should be much easier for those who pay for TV coverage to find it elsewhere. Solo is right, if no one paid for these stupid pay TV companies, then they would cease to exist.

Zadak

I remember the same types of things being proposed about things like Starbucks, Microsoft and the meat trade, Solo.

Protests make no difference.

Anonymous
    Inactive

How about boycotting the sponsors,surely they would have a big say on the matter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.