F1

Live timing on Android: F1LT

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MarcusAurelius
    Participant

I did a search in F1LT and was surprised to see there was no one mentioning this fine app. So I decided to share this with you guys.

Although I’m an iPad user i was curious about Android and decided to buy a Nexus7. Although I’m not really happy with it it does have a killer app! F1LT is an app that provides free Live Timing (with your Formula1.com account).

The formula1.com website is a Java based app which won’t work on an iPad or Android. But this guy has reverse engineered (I’m guessing here) the website traffic and made it work in the app. It even has a circuit mapper (which I find of no use, but still pretty impressive).

But by far the best feature is the ability to replay a session! I had to miss the live feed of the Abu Dhabi GP and so missed the live time on my VCR. But with the replay option I could watch the VCR with live timing :-) Just load the appropriate session and hit the play button when the red lights go out. It stayed pretty acurate during the race.

Although I have used it on WiFi only I’m sure one could use it at the track during a GP with and internet connection on the Android Smartphone.

The only drawback I’ve noticed so far is I had some authentication problems when I used my laptop and Nexus at the same time. But with the laptop battery life of nearly a GP I’m happy to replace it with the Nexus despite the small screen.

I’m not sure if Bernie is happy about this, but I think he should… ;-)

Asanator
    Participant

just use a hacked version of the official F1 live timing app, it is excellent and worked perfectly at this years Belgian GP ;)

MarcusAurelius
    Participant

If that means jailbreaking an iDevice or rooting an Android device than that is not a wise option.

I agree the official live timing app is outrageously expensive for an app. But even then I prefer not to use to breaking the integrity of my iPad. Or in this case, use an app that doesn’t involve hacking.

Asanator
    Participant

No, it doesn’t require either. Just use Blackmarket alpha.

Calum
    Participant

Seems legit.

Asanator
    Participant

Correction: Blackmart alpha

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.