F1

Lotus Hints at 2011 F1 Car? (pictures)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Polishboy808
    Participant

Lotus has revealed their F1 based production Race-Car at the Monterey Motorsports Pre-Reunion meeting. The car is based on F1 technology, with a full carbon fiber body, Semi-Auto Paddle Shift Gearbox, and a Shark Fin Engine Cover. The production date has not yet been anounced, but Lotus say they will produce only 25, and it will cost in the 1 million dollar range.

So is this a hint at what the 2011 Lotus F1 car will look like? I personally think it looks stunning from every angle. The car has a 3.5 Litre Cosworth V8, with an astonashing 650 horsepower, 10,300 RPM. You won’t find many cars for a Million dollars that weighs just 650 kg, and is so powerfull.

Back to the title, it has the weirdest Shark Fin I’ve seen yet, and a VERY baeutiful nose! In British Racing Green with Yellow, this car may just be the best looking car I’ve ever seen. But anyway, heres a link to the pictures.

http://www.conceptcarz.com/z18653/Lotus-Exos-Type-125.aspx.aspx

TommyB
    Participant

Awesome track day car. When you buy one you can choose which livery you want it in and you get a driving lesson from Mika Hakkinen! :O

Felipe Bomeny
    Participant

Lotus, I think, will do very well with Renault engines. They’re improving at every race, and next year, they may be a great midfield team. Hope to see them in title contention very soon.

Dan Thorn
    Participant

£5 to anybody who buys one and says “I’ll have it in a Virgin livery please.”

TrueF1Grit

and £20 to those who request a Spyker livery.

David-A
    Participant

Looks very cool :P

glue
    Participant

the livery in those pictures looks a bit like the RA107, but with the populated bits flooded

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.