F1

Make your own Lotus E20

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Lotus have come up with a great idea for the August break – they’ve produced a ‘Build your own E20’ kit.

You need six sheets of paper or card to make one and can get the kit on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/LotusRenaultGP/app_132035906926688

I’ll have a go myself if I find time – if you’re making one do post a picture of your efforts below, remember you can embed images on this page via Flickr.

MazdaChris
    Participant

This. Is. AWESOME

Fer no.65
    Participant

I have a Physics II final tomorrow, but after that, I’ll give it a go! :D I love papercrafts!

Carlitox
    Participant

I’ll try it, it’ll be my first papercraft should I succeed, heh. Will look nice between my diecast models of the Ferrari 642 and F310 ;)

If, like me, you can’t be bothered with Facebook, here’s a direct link to the PDF:

http://www.lotusf1team.com/IMG/zip/e20papercraft.zip

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ah, cool. Thanks Keith :)

andy2k12
    Participant

Big Thanks for the non-FB-Link ! Great stuff for the summer break, now i’m only missing a proper papermodel of Kimi ;D

Fer no.65
    Participant

@andy2k12 A friend of mine did this one designed by Bruno Mantovani (the guy from Pilotoons): https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/2312178842/1339817216699.jpg :P

Fer no.65
    Participant

I’ve started it. I thing is clear: it’s damn daaaamn difficult!

For anyone interested, I’d give you one tip. If you cannot do the 3rd step, the nose bit (parts 30, 33, 34, 13 and 2), you cannot do the whole thing! Try doing that first. If you suceed, then keep going!

andy2k12
    Participant

@fer-no65 that Kimi-pilotoon is soo cool ! …and thanks to google, i instantly found the papermodel-kit of this one too. Now i hope i can get some nifty results in the summerbreak with my beginner papercraft-skills =)

Bradley Downton
    Participant

Absolutely agree with @fer-no65
    The 3rd step is so difficult, it’s very strangely done as well… still, it was meant to be a project to last the whole summer break.
    Anyway, when my printer did it first time, it was low on black ink, so having now purchased a new black ink cartridge I will print another, use this first one as a test and make sure the other one is perfect. I may also post picture updates, so people can look at them if they get stuck!
    By the way, what are other people using, I’m using double sided sticky tape to hold it together, but I keep sticking to it…

Fer no.65
    Participant

@bradley13 Yeah, very crazy they got all the nose into 3 very big pieces. The main one is very thin at the nose tip, and very very hard to glue. I couldn’t do it. But as I was doing a prototype (I only had black ink in my printer), I’ll try again later.

Btw, the guy who did the instructions should also burn in hell. They could’ve made it better…

I was using a UHU stick. It’s the best glue I’ve found, as adhesive tape is a nightmare and other adhesives are too wet and tend to crease the paper.

@andy2k12 he made a Senna one too (which I built) :P. It’s quite cool and easy to do!

andae23
    Participant

I started tinkering last evening and I have to say, I’m not overly impressed with the progress I’m making. I just finished step 3, which has been very annoying, but now it’s finally starting to look like a car:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77889303@N07/7709674478/in/photostream

The front suspension is looking a bit pathetic I think…

andae23
    Participant

By the way, I just noticed that at the last step (six) the right front tyre isn’t attached; ????? Maybe they are giving away Lotus’s tactic for next race?

Fer no.65
    Participant

@andae23 why did you cut that bit ahead of the diffuser on the floor? :O

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.