F1

Malaysia build up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andy
    Participant

So, with the current state of F1’s issues seeming to dominate discussion, I almost forgot about Malaysia!

What are everyone’s predictions? It’s obvious, I know. But, I expect Mercedes to be strong. They’ll have made a step forward, just like everyone else. I have a feeling that they’ll be scarily dominant. Although that implies a predictable result, it also provides us with a stage on which we can watch Lewis and Nico drive on the limit, potentially giving us some properly titanic battles in qualifying and the race.

I think F1 needs to provide us with a reminder of why we’ve been so faithful over the years, even if to offer some form of justification for the early morning sacrifices we all make to watch it!

Looking forward to seeing the Williams and Ferrari battle unfold, hopefully with Bottas in the cockpit. I’m curious about McLaren’s progress, too. Even if I think that they’re not really expected to challenge for anything. Perhaps a Manor vs McLaren race is on the cards. Whatever happens, I’m very much looking forward to seeing Manor make a return after everything they’ve been through.

Despite the inevitable political circus, let’s hope for a good race!

Adam Blocker
    Participant

Maybe the Malaysian weather will throw up something special?

Matt
    Participant

Speaking of the Malaysian weather, the forecast doesn’t look too promising. Considering the circumstances of Bianchi’s accident, coupled with the increasing reluctance of Charlie Whiting to allow racing if the weather is sufficiently bad to require more than the intermediate tyre, could we potentially see little to no running at all?

Andy
    Participant

Oh no! Don’t temp fate!…

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Classic Malaysian monsoon. Lets see who’s car is the best in the wet! Can Alonso do another 2012? :D

Andy
    Participant

If Alonso does a 2012 in this McLaren, given its problems, I’ll eat my shoes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.