F1

Marussia could also miss COTA

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Lucas Wilson
    Participant
    George
    Participant

Is this the curse of Rossi?

Dan
    Participant

If that’s the case then its really sad as they are having the best season for them since they started scorring 2 points its a shame there isn’t a way they could borrow some money and pay it back out of next years prize money, be complex to sort out but plausible in my view

R.J. O’Connell
    Participant

Please tell me this is just an unfounded rumor.

Craig Woollard
    Participant

They’re not on my trusted sources list. I won’t read too much into it.

Keith’s on my trusted sources list though. Once I see it on here (or Autosport) then I will believe it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

So a handful of European journalists have spread a rumour, which was then collated and run on a dubious website?

Yes, that sounds like a very sound story …

I haven’t seen an original source for this story, does anyone have a link to one?

SP
    Participant

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/turbulenzen-um-caterham-und-marussia-gp-usa-nur-mit-18-autos-8835526.html

After the shenanigans with Rossi\Chilton at Spa and the collapse of the Marussia car company, this isn’t really a far-fetched scenario…

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’d rather see a string of pay drivers in these cars than have a team go under.

Enigma
    Participant

From a credible source:

sato113
    Participant
    Enigma
    Participant

14 cars will make Q2 I suspect. It’s always so that 10 make Q3, and half of the rest make Q2. It was adjusted mid-season before when Super Aguri folded.

Francorchamps
    Participant

There will be only 17 cars running in quali with Marussia and Catheram out and Vettel starting from the pitlane.

Anonymous
    Inactive

This came as a surprise to me because they’ve never given any indication things were that dire. Even now, the team itself has said nothing. It was only a week ago they were saying they would be entering 2 cars in the remaining races to safeguard their 9th place in the championship. So what is going on?!

Bullfrog
    Participant

Were Marussia saving mileage, big time, on engines and other parts in Sochi then?
    That would be an effect of the gesture with Bianchi’s car, and Chilton’s mysterious retirement.

And I thought this was an interesting theory. But if it’s true, why aren’t Sauber and Lotus missing the last 3?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.