F1

Mclaren changing livery?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    rfs
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Returning to a more West-like livery, only with silver replaced by red? I’ll make a preview with F1C.

RIISE

Well, I doubt the livery will change. The chrome will stay but a bit of black outline might be on it. The team-wear is more to do with marketing than anything else, having a drastic change with the colours makes people buy the new clothing rather than sticking with previous years because it looks the same.

But yeah don’t expect a major livery change.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here is a version I made.

RIISE

Hmmm wow good job, that would work. Chrome black looks cool, damn i’m excited for the car release now…

James_mc
    Participant

Ooh could be a good spot. I remember the current Force India livery was first spotted in a calendar a couple of years back (Remember they’d previously been a rather annoyingly McLaren shade of red and gold-ish?)

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

It was burgundy and white with gold font, James.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

No, I think he means their 2008 livery, which did come out as a bit of a McLaren clone. Actually, the burgundy and white livery that they used in 07/ 08 for testing was pretty amazing I thought

David-A
    Participant
    VettelS

I’d love to see the old black and white West livery back.

-A-
    Participant

It’s probably rather going to be yet another reworking of the gear, shirts and all and not an indication of a major shift in colours for their livery. For example, the team had these orange gradient shirts in 2005.

However, I think a black chrome instead of silver might work just as well, visually.

Calum
    Participant

:'(

I don’t want them to change, I like the chrome – chrome is modern and not just for bathtaps!

I had noticed their team members were wearing black shirts/tshirts with red trim in the Advent Calander photos, but never thought about a change of car colour – I hope they don’t but have a feeling Mercedes Benz may be behind it…

Edit: I just viewed the team shop. The new hats remind me of Virgin F1’s livery which is not what Mclaren would have been going for… however I have to say the black clothing looks ‘delightfully evil’ to quote Stewie Griffin. :P

Nicked from Autosport Forum: Black Mclaren

http://s6.directupload.net/images/091116/mokibsoe.png

Ned Flanders
    Participant

David- your link isn’t working, but this is the one I meant: http://f1colours.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/forceindia2.png

Polishboy808
    Participant

Wow that FI is gorgeous!!! And that black Mclaren has been on this forum before, when we were talking about 2010 liveries. We’ve also had green red bulls and purple williams’….

RIISE

If they brought back the West livery McLaren would suddenly reignite the horrid reliability problems in the early 00’s, and ’99 come to think of it. God watching Hakkinen in 2001 was tough though…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.