F1

'McLaren Consulting' – Canada?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Hare
    Participant

So I was having a satisfying rant on another thread and I found this :

http://www.mclarenconsulting.ca

Now, I’m not a business Lawyer, but I would say that’s taking it a bit far, wouldn’t you? Same colour, same shape, flipped and tilted, like the speedy kiwi is about to fall over due to a slightly gusty wind.

If McLaren found out, I’m sure that he would get what ever the equivalent of a ‘cease and desist’ order is..

What I particularly love, is his business analogy, of how to make a business work. The business bicycle….

…. a bicycle!! On a site where he references one of the greatest motorsport teams of all time. a BICYCLE. He’s even got a little gif animation running across the screen. Quaint. Pathetic.

Hare
    Participant

I decided to comment on my own thread, as it deserves mentioning that this guy is blatantly ripping off McLaren?….

sw6569
    Participant

He might be, but if McLaren were concerned about it, i’d imagine they would have told him to cease already ;)

further it looks like all he’s done is take the logo, and runs a tiny business with a website that hasn’t been updated since 2003 so i’d imagine no further action needs to be taken

nik

There are 14+ categories of trademark, McLaren obviously do not own all of them, nor own them in all juristictions

In many jurisdictions naming your business using your surname also trumps any existing trademark so long as there is no ambiguity in branding (or an intent to confuse, such as changing your surname to Ferrari and then starting a car company)

Icthyes
    Participant

Shenanigans, eh.

Hare
    Participant

But… a Bicycle? I ask you..!

;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.