F1

McLaren MP4-28 teaser video

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

McLaren offer a sneak peek of their MP4-28 ahead of its launch on Thursday:

JPQuesado
    Participant

A higher nose than previous years, apparently. That’s all I can tell from those pictures.

Gabriel
    Participant

The nose seems high and also narrow.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Seems that the nose and front wing both look taller… doesn´t make sense since the it basically has to be the same height of the 2012 with just a filler for the stepnose…weird…

matt90
    Participant

I don’t think the nose necessarily looks any taller than in 2012 (I’m talking about the one the raced for the majority of the season, rather than the initial design).

Ryan Williams
    Participant

Nose does appear to be narrower and slightly higher than 2012. Bit hard to pick out any details though, and the slanted platform it’s on makes it tricky to get a sense of scale for some parts

Gabriel
    Participant

Maybe it’s the perspective. See the front tyres. They seem way higher than the rear ones.

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

I don’t think the nose will be that much higher than in previous years. It’s clearly on a slanted platform, which is giving the illusion of the nose being higher. I mean, there is no way that the front wing is that high off the ground ;)

I’d say, if anything, it’s the airbox above the driver that looks differently compared to last year, the last one was very flat on top and slanted downwards, whereas this iteration seems to be shaped quite differently. Obviously mere speculation though.

electrolite
    Participant

First of all, it’s pretty obvious that the car is placed on something which is making it appear taller. Look how high the tyres are, and the front wing. Once you realise that, the nose looks relatively low – as we’d generally expect from McLaren’s latest crop of F1 cars.

Also, this could quite easily be last years car. The purpose of the video is to build up hype – and with a cover over it, it doesn’t matter if it’s the new one or not – it does exactly that.

andae23
    Participant

I think the high nose is more of an optical illusion. I made this picture and it shows that the nose is rather similar to the late-2012 nose, but I do think it’s narrower than last year’s.

mp428

JamieFranklinF1
    Participant

Nice work @andae23 :D

What we need now is a picture of the MP4-27 in the same circumstances and compare the two!

andae23
    Participant

@jamiefranklinf1 that’s the tricky part: have been looking for it for some time now.

barkun
    Participant

nice work @andae23 !

Anonymous
    Inactive

It would be funny if its just a cardboard cut-out underneath :)

nath_6583

Ramped exhaust rather than coanda?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.