F1

McLaren sporting revised livery in Melbourne?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

It would appear McLaren have arrived in Melbourne with a livery significantly better than the simplistic chrome design with MP4-29 splashed all over it. While they have understandably been more concentrated on producing a better car than the woeful – by McLaren’s standards – MP4-28, rather than producing an interesting livery, it was a shame to many McLaren fans that the car was unveiled to reveal a livery that looked like it been designed on MS Paint using the fill bucket.

While it seemed likely McLaren would retain the simplistic chrome design with black wings until a new title sponsor had been signed, pictures on the Auto Motor und Sport website reveal McLaren may have had a change of heart.

They show some McLaren sidepods featuring a variety of black streaks that lead to questions over whether the rest of the livery has been given an overhaul as well. Take a look for yourselves here.

While we have to wait to see the rest of the car I shouldn’t imagine it will be too long until some photographer manages to worm his camera into the garage and snap a picture of the main chassis, although whether this will reveal much more remains to be seen. If you do find other photo’s of the car – whether they show a new livery or not – feel free to post them here.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Interesting… sounds like a return to the ‘West’ type liveries, or something darker. Sony perhaps?!

ForzaAlanRabbit
    Participant

I wish they’d hurry up and announce the sponsors and livery!
    The origial design was far too boring too boring to be on a professional F1 car.

I think it’ll be Sony.

hunocsi
    Participant

Ron said there’ll be definitely no title sponsors at the first few races. And I guess the livery could be revealed tomorrow as Thursdays are media days at GPs.

Another view:

Bradley Downton
    Participant

I have to say, I think even that simple addition of the streaks of black on the sidepods improves the livery no end!

Mathers
    Participant

This looks promising, it could improve the livery an awful lot!

Tomsk
    Participant

The hi-vis bloke makes them look even darker!
    He seems to like the new colours, anyway.
    If they’ve added some black to hide the nose as well, that car could look amazing.

ForzaAlanRabbit
    Participant

Those dark sidepods make the livery like able again.

matt90
    Participant
    VMaxMuffin
    Participant
    Bradley Downton
    Participant

Posted on behalf of @deej92:

Black and silver: a throwback to their West days… and two of the three colours Mercedes run.

I actually liked the interim livery even if it was a bit boring, but this new livery will hopefully liven the car up and make it look even better.

Deej92
    Participant

Black and silver: a throwback to their West days… and two of the three colours Mercedes are using!

For some reason I actually liked their interim livery, but this should look even nicer.

I’ll stick with the title sponsor being PlayStation (Sony), but I doubt the title sponsor’s logos will be on the car this weekend after what Dennis said last week. Malaysia, perhaps?

Deej92
    Participant

Black and silver: a throwback to their West days… and two of the three colours Mercedes are using!

For some reason I actually liked their interim livery, but this should look even nicer.

I’ll stick with the title sponsor being PlayStation (Sony), but I doubt the title sponsor’s logos will be on the car this weekend after what Dennis said last week. For Malaysia, perhaps?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.