• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 6 hours, 11 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Michael Schumacher injured in skiing accident

This topic contains 26 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Colossal Squid
    Colossal Squid
    Participant

One of the things that gives me hope is seeing the likes of Richard Hammond and Felipe Massa suffered from massively violent head trauma, only to make a full recovery. I very, very much hope Michael Schumacher can recover in the same way these men have. At least he’s being seen to by friends and experts in the area. He’ll have the very best medical treatment available.

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Gary Hartstein is providing some insight on the nature of Schumacher’s injuries and why his doctors are doing what they are doing:

https://mobile.twitter.com/former_f1doc

Profile photo of Ed Marques
    Ed Marques
    Participant

Apparently the coma is not inducted. He appears to have arrived on the second hospital in a coma and underwent urgent cirurgical procedure.

Profile photo of Alec
    Alec

Critical condition according to BBC news, he is receiving treatment from “Frances top neurosurgeon”

Profile photo of Calum
    Calum
    Participant

Oh my, unexpected and unpleasant to hear. Hope he makes a full recovery!

Profile photo of Journeyer
    Journeyer
    Participant

@colossal-squid Yes, I’m thinking the same. I hope and pray he will pull through.

@vonhoff Not sure, but that could be Gerard Saillant, a very good friend of Michael’s and Jean Todt’s. He was the guy who treated Michael through his 1999 leg injury.

Profile photo of Alec
    Alec

@Journeyer , yes that’s the one, couldn’t make out the BBC news mans garbled pronounciation lol, but they did say the doctor involved treated his broken legs back in 99.

Profile photo of David-A
    David-A
    Participant

I seriously hope he makes a full recovery, what terrible news :(

Profile photo of Jarred Walmsley
    Jarred Walmsley
    Participant

Heres hoping he’ll pull through, thankfully he was wearing a ski helmet, from the reports of his current condition, that most likely saved his life.

Profile photo of Slr
    Slr
    Participant

The recent reports I’ve read are a bit unsettling, I really hope Schumacher pulls through.

Profile photo of zippyone
    zippyone
    Participant

Shocking news, come on Michael please be ok :(

Profile photo of Keith Collantine
    Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Given the amount of conflicting information which was circulating about this initially I preferred to wait until things had calmed down before mentioning it on the site. This has now been done in the round-up, and discussion can continue there:

F1 Fanatic round-up: Schumacher in “critical” state after skiing accident

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.