F1

monaco crash???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

hi all (am new here)

but i wanted to know if any one agreed with me and my mates or anyones thoughts on the topic

after watching the race a few times now the crash near the end that brought the red flag out. now to me everytime it looks like to me it was caused by Alguesuari now first thing that comes to my mind is vettel out for 60 million laps on that set of tyres he cant pit due to he will come 3rd not 1st so a driver from a sister team causes crash in part of the track where they would have to red flag it cause its a really tight part of the track so vettel can can change tyres and….. win the race or race ends from there and vettel wins (hope that makes sense)

now i really really really hope red bull didnt lower them selfs to this

also last note why didnt the drivers have to go and get weighted straight away after gettin out of the cars like normal

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

Red Bull didn’t cause the crash – Red Bull and Toro Rosso barely communicate with each other during races (see last year’s Abu Dhabi Grand Prix when Webber was stuck behind Alguersuari for a large proportion of the race). The crash was a culmination of many events – starting with two overtakes immediately following each other into Tabac (the corner before the Swimming Pool chicane entrance, where the crash took place). Maldonado passed Sutil who got a puncture. Hamilton passed Petrov, which put Hamilton behind Sutil and Petrov was subsequently passed by Alguersuari. Sutil missed the chicane after getting a puncture after contact with the wall after being passed with Maldonado and Hamilton slowed, not knowing where the effectively three-wheeled Force India would go next. Alguersuari was slow to respond, but he did not cause the accident on purpose – I do not think that he would have sacrificed his position in the race (he had to retire) for Vettel to win.

On the weighing question – I don’t know, but if that really happened then that is a very good question, because the champagne from the podium ceremony would obviously make the drivers’ suits (and therefore their overall weight) heavier and would effect the mass of the driver-car package. In fact, I don’t remember any of the podium finishers at Monaco ever being weighed before the podium ceremony!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I must admit, when I saw the crash I did have for a fleating minute the thought that Alguesuari might have caused that on purpose, then when the race stopped and I saw tyres and all sorts of things going on I was convinced that it was a set up! However, I cannot believe that RB or Toro Rosso would ever contemplate that one, these things are scrutinsed to hell since the famous one in Singapoor, nice thought though, even if Gerhard Berger was seen with the Austrian Team Owner Dietrich Mateschitz of RB the previous week in the RB garage :) But no definately not a set up :) RB don’t need to do silly things like that, they are just too good at the moment and Vettel is just too hungry for that title again, which is really annoying I can tell you. Reliability issues are what is needed (well I can dream can’t I).

BarnstableD
    Participant

Red Bull and Vettel are so far ahead that they don’t need race wins at the moment. Therefore there is no chance the Red Bull would risk getting the completely independant sister team to do a Piquet. I think of Red Bull as the most honest and rule abiding team in the paddock. Especially amongst the top runners.

Red Andy
    Participant

The only reason there was a red flag was that there was concern about Petrov. Ordinarily the car would just have been craned away, probably under SC which wouldn’t have helped Vettel at all. There was no way of predicting that the race would have to be red-flagged, so organising a crash there would be very unlikely to have paid off.

Enigma
    Participant

That pack was driving together for a long time, so even if Alguersuari wanted to cause the crash, he would have been told to do that a few laps earlier – not when the top three were already past Rosberg and close – remember, Vettel wasn’t far from being involved in the crash himself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.