• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 3 hours, 15 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Motor racing circuit layouts… with a twist

This topic contains 90 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ajokay Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Revlimiter1
    Revlimiter1

Top Gear track for the win it needs to be in the F1 calender figure of 8 oh yes lol :)

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

How about a Wyoming GP?

I think the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus might not agree with that Cyprus track Dan

Officially it doesn’t exist, so! It’s a pretty good track actually for the limitations of having to follow a set outline.

Profile photo of GeeMac
    GeeMac
    Participant

Isn’t Wyoming square?

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

Exactly ;)

I’ve been meaning to do this for a while but only just remembered. I am proud to announce the…*trumpets blare*

CORFU GRAND PRIX

I cut a few bit off to make it a simpler track, or it would have just looked like a rally stage (nothing wrong in that, but I wanted an F1 circuit)z. I think it would be best run anti-clockwise with the start somewhere at Parelia. It reminds me of Imola-meets-Osterreichring a little.

Profile photo of Doance
    Doance
    Participant

I have a question – does Tilke (the guy who designs all the new tracks) actually care about F1?

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

Actually, that corner should be named “Faiakes”. And I should point out I named the straight after the family village! And also, the corners are named after towns or villages on that part of the map.

Profile photo of Ned Flanders
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

I think you might have to bypass the Kavos hairpin, there are too many drunks passed out by the side of the road…

Profile photo of ajokay
    Anonymous

I like the Corfu track, simple yet challenging.

I would make my USA track into a full blown 3D model if 3DsMax wasn’t such a damn bitch all the time. Seriously hate that program.

Profile photo of Icthyes
    Icthyes
    Participant

I think you might have to bypass the Kavos hairpin, there are too many drunks passed out by the side of the road…

It’s Bernie’s new idea to make things more exciting, dodge the lager lout, who are dressed as marshalls to make it extra challenging!

Profile photo of Ned Flanders
    Ned Flanders
    Participant

Actually, I don’t think lager is all that popular in Kavos. When I went 3 years ago, the drink of choice in most of the bars was called a “Headf***er”. And it came with a condom packet attatched. Seriously. It’s that kind of place (Kavos I mean, I’m sure the rest of the island is lovely!)

I’ve meaning to have another go at this, I think the North Atlantic drift would make for a nice figure of 8 layout

Profile photo of ajokay
    Anonymous

I thought I’d revive this thread, if only to show off an update to one of the original sketches. I’ve created an ‘aerial photography’ version of the ‘British Isles’ circuit.

Profile photo of Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Juan Pablo Heidfeld
    Participant

That is incredible ajokay!

Honestly a thing of beauty

Profile photo of Alfie
    Alfie
    Participant

I’m gonna try a London one, see if that turns out any good.

Profile photo of NickV
    NickV

That looks fantastic ajokay!

What software did you use to create those drawings?

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.