Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 5 hours, 43 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Murray Walker doc

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Zadak Zadak 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Thought I’d let UK viewers know there’s a doc on Murray Walker this Sunday at 8pm. Enjoy!

TommyB
    Participant

Can’t wait for this :) Murray = Legend

smifaye
    Participant

Looking forward to this. I’ve heard it’s not going to be on iPlayer so either watch on Sunday or else!

Dan Thorn
    Participant

Saw it in the TV page yesterday, can’t wait! What with the MotoGP, BTCC and now this on it’s gonna be one hell of a sunday! I pity my girlfriend though…

smifaye
    Participant

Yeah, I think our partners are the ones who suffer. Some weekends there is F1, GP2, GP3, World Series, WTCC, Auto GP all in one weekend!

I don’t watch all of those, but I would if I could face the ensuing arguments. ha

damonsmedley
    Participant

Oooh! If anyone finds somewhere I can download it afterwards, please let me know either here or on Twitter, please!

robbiepblake
    Participant

Why isn’t this available on iPlayer? :(

Icthyes
    Participant

Here you go! http://youtu.be/0kYlxPME1FQ

I suggest downloading it before they take it off!

smifaye
    Participant

It was a great watch – a great insight into a great man’s life.

sw6569
    Participant

It was a good watch. Not in the same calibre as the ones about Clark, Stewart or Hill though – but still good. My only criticism is that it didn’t really have much of a focus. To that extent it was a bit like it had been written by Murray as well as being about him. Enjoyable to watch though.

Asanator
    Participant

Thought it was a bit disappointing myself!

AndrewTanner
    Participant

I liked it. I thought it was a great insight. It was great to see people old and young, British and not all displaying a level of respect for him.

It was also good to see him in a tank giving a commentary on getting the thing going, brilliant!

Oh, and the Pizza Hut ad with Damon Hill brought back memories!

Anonymous

I didn’t think ti wain the same league as the Clark, Hill and Stewart documentaries either but I thought it was very fitting for Walker. The ones with the drivers were superb because I wanted to know in depth what they achieved, how they did it and see footage from their experiences and how they felt. With Murray, I didn’t really want to know his timeline I just wanted to see more of his character, know a little bit about what makes him him and remember his Murrayisms so I couldn’t have asked for more.

Zadak

Jake Humphrey sweared

I’m finding it very difficult to get over that.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.