F1

New Points System

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    F1abw
    Participant

I have devised a new points system which I think rewards drivers more fairly by including qualifying positions and fastest laps. There is a more in depth description in the ‘scoring system’ sheet in the spreadsheet. If you wish to unprotect the sheets the password is ‘formulaone’

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0ByZBUozvJ6z8OTgxZmQzNzgtZTU0Yy00MWViLTk2NDAtZTBhNDNhMTIyZDk1&hl=en&authkey=CIb4tuAO

Let me know what you think!

Snaiperskaya
    Participant

Its definately fair, i like the idea and i think it would work. Personally, i prefer the current system because there is a bigger gap between first and second, not 1 point as you have put forward. The current system makes a win more worthwhile. The idea with engines is definately different, and does give engine manufacturers a reason to continue, if they can win themselves a championship in there own right. Good idea, well done :)

F1abw
    Participant

Thanks!

I was aware that there isn’t much of a gap between the points, but I thought that this would lead to much closer seasons (even though last years was pretty close anyway…..). It also means that people won’t be able to runaway with season a la Schumacher at Ferarri years and to an extent Button for Brawn.

The reason for allocating everyone a point for something means that at the end of the season nobody ends up on zero, just a little bit of a moral and ego boost really!

F1abw
    Participant

I have updated the link with a newer version. The allocated points have been tweaked slightly and there is a better description of how the speadsheet works on the first page.

I think this version works slightly better.

Thanks!

Icthyes
    Participant

I did a whole load of comparisons with last year’s results under different points. A close season is a close season, is what I learned. The key factor is how far down you allocate points, 6th, 8th, or 10th, rather than the points each position gets.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.