• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 41 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Next new winner?

This topic contains 99 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Aditya F. Yahya Aditya F. Yahya 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Kingshark
    Participant

Perez will be the next race winner. Checo has these occasional weekends where he looks almost unstoppable. If not for his brake failure, he’d have been on the podium yesterday.

Perez will have another one of his rare super drives sometime in the near future – and that time – it will result in a win.

GeeMac
    Participant

I have a funny feeling it could be Bottas and it could happen as early as Monza.

Ryan Petersen
    Participant

I’m going to go with Hülkenberg :)

Meander
    Participant

I’ve actually been very impressed by Vergne lately. I was never a big fan of him (just neutral) but I’m really glad that he didn’t go into full-time sulk-mode after missing out on the RB seat (I know many drivers who would have coped less well). He has simply kept his chin up and has driven hard. We know he got beaten by Ricciardo quite often in their stint together but Vergne did frequently outrace him on Sunday. This year he’s been in the top 10 most of the time, and I don’t think he gets enough credit for it. If I was in charge at RB (armchair guru here) and Vettel jumped ship I’d give Vergne a shot first and keep Kvyat (who’s doing an awesome job) marinading at TR for a little longer. Anyway, in order of likelihood at the present moment:

1. Bottas – the Williams is potentially so fast, when do they string a perfect weekend together?
    2. Hulkenberg – obviously ready, but I feel like it’ll take a bold strategy and controlling race to get it done.
    3. Perez – bit of a loose canon, but is often surprisingly amongst the frontrunners
    4. Vergne – I can’t imagine Toro Rosso winning this year, but he could probably do it.
    5. Magnussen – Maybe not quite ready and McLaren is blowing hot and cold and more often cold.
    6. Grosjean – talent wasted at Lotus. They we’re saying big teams were sniffing around, but I’ve no clue who that could be.
    7. Kvyat – Not yet. I have faith though.
    the rest less than 1 percent chance.

Iestyn Davies
    Participant

Perez one stopping at Monza could make it happen.. a repeat of 2012. In 2012 he almost won at Malaysia, Canada and Monza…

PieLighter
    Participant

Force India and Williams should go very well at Monza, while Ferrari will be shocking as usual. :)

andae23
    Participant

Hulkenberg at Spa! :)

craig-o
    Participant

Has to be Hulkenberg. There will be one weekend where it must all come together for him and he delivers his usual excellent performance.

If not Hulkenberg, Bottas could do a strong performance at Monza or somewhere should Mercedes fail again. And should either Lotus build a decent car next year or should he move to a top team, which I don’t see why he shouldn’t, how about Grosjean?

Euro Brun
    Participant

I’m gonna stick my nose out and say no new winners for the rest of the season and go with Carlos Sainz Jr next year.
    Bit of an extreme punt, but few predicted Maldonado.

Aditya F. Yahya
    Participant

if it’s gonna happen this year, it would be either Perez or Hulkenberg. The Force India is so good at alternative strategy. moreover Hulkenberg is consistent and Perez is capable of podium.

even with their raw pace, I believe Williams pairing doesn’t look that good.

if Lotus make great breakthrough (this or next year), I’d say Grosjean is the next contender for new race winner

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.