F1

Nico Rosberg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mehtab Ahmed
    Participant

It seems to be a strong bias against Nico Rosberg on this website among some users and I am wondering why.

There are several cases when a fast lap was set under yellow in Qualifying and the drivers did not get penalized, but there was a strong backlash in this case when it was Rosberg.

Then when Hamilton wins a race, it was because of his skill, when Rosberg wins a race it was luck, others had bad luck or I don’t know what. I know that I am exaggerating views but I think I might have a point.

I am personally not a Rosberg fan or a Hamilton supporter, but I like to see skilled drivers and in my opinion Rosberg is one the more skilled drivers on the grid, certainly a top-class driver in my opinion.

I am curious what other people think on this matter.

I think you’re making a sweeping and inaccurate generalisation.

I’ve been running this site for over a decade and I don’t think Rosberg gets a harder time from our readers than any other driver has in the past.

As with all drivers he has his supporters and his detractors, and his supporters tend to assume his detractors are greater in number than they probably are.

glynh
    Participant

It’s a shame reading some of the comments here recently that are just name calling, this site is usually a lot lot better but sadly that’s the nature of a few people when they go online.

However although there’s a lot aimed,I think unfairly, at Rosberg it’s just because he’s in the race for the championship and probably seems slightly worse here because there are more British fans who will lean towards supporting Hamilton. Some fans will see their driver as right and the other as a villain regardless but it’s often just in the heat of the moment.

I would agree with you that rosberg is a top driver and, although Hamilton has had the slight edge recently his results show he’s capable of winning a championship.

Edit: posted at the same time as Keith
    I would partly agree with him in that it will average out but I think at this point as Rosberg is the centre of attention there’s a lot of negative comments on articles about him.

@glynh If you have seen a comment which you believe breaks the site rules then please report it here.

glynh
    Participant

Thanks for the link @keithcollantine I haven’t seen anything that bad, luckily the vast majority of comments are constructive, that’s why I like this site above others.

I just think it’s a shame that some insult other drivers, not just Rosberg of course, simply because they support a competitor and reading names like nico whineburg gets tiresome after a while.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.