I am at Suzuka this year in grandstand G1, the upside of which being affordability and the fact that it is on 130r, the downside being there are no screens at that location. I was banking on Fanvision when I chose the seats but no dice this year, obviously.
So these are the following solutions I will be armed with – any other suggestions welcomed as I feel they apply to any GP abroad.
1) Small netbook with an IP masking program so I can watch Sky online through WiFi or 3G. that of course depends on signal and bandwidth at the event. My netbook has a SIM slot in so I can pick up a local SIM upon arrival which will reduce my data costs.
2) Smartphone to stream an audio feed from online. Again using a local SIM.
3) I am wondering if a small digital radio bought in Japan might give me any access to English speaking commentary…likely not.
4) Use an international SIM and ask a friend in the UK to pop their phone by their TV so I can hear Sky coverage live on my own phone. Shouldn’t break the bank at weekend rates.
5) Listen to the local circuit coverage on FM radio and try to decipher it (they do not broadcast in English)
Anything I have missed?!?!