F1

No way, will a full field race tomorrow

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Considering the fact that last year there were 5 seperate crashes, 3 of which resulted in a red flag, and one of which gave a lot of people a penalty for setting a fast time in a yellow sector. I cannot see it as being faesably possible that on a damp track, with very little repair time after the session, that everybody will be able to take part. 4 drivers where involded in car-wreckers last year, none of which could be fixed in the space of 3 hours.

What do you think?

Scribe
    Participant

Possible, obviously my hope is for a freak rim faliure from Webber going into the chicane taking out Alonso and Vettle but we can’t have everything.

I don’t know that it will effect any of the title contenders though, there likley to play it safe.

Icthyes
    Participant

Could be interesting. Imagine an Alonso or Vettel failure, the championship would probably go down to 2 challengers in a few hours, or Webber crashing out again leaving everything wide open. Or Button winning or even a 1-2 in any of these situations. This is why F1 is so great, so many unknowns that could happen before the chequered flag, it seems nowadays with the reliability of the cars we take results and stability for granted but there are always surprises.

I completely forgot to mention that I was refering to qualifying and not the race.

Ned Flanders
    Participant

Good point- could be interesting

Either way, this is going to be epic.

Fer no.65
    Participant

hope not, all the contenders should be up there, plus Massa, Barri and Kubica :)!…

if it’s one of the backmakers that don’t make the grid, then i don’t care.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Well, all 24 cars made it.

Bleu
    Participant

No crashes in qualifying but di Grassi binned it on the installation lap.

Well that showed how much I know.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.