F1

nurburgring norschleife

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    sbl on tour
    Participant

has anybody been to this, I know you can drive this , but can you walk round it?

KaIIe
    Participant

Who would want to walk next to cars doing 200 km/h? :P

There’s a special event, called Rad & Run at the Ring, where you can walk (run) or cycle round the Ring.

More here: http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/events/more-events/rad-run-at-the-ring.html

DamionShadows
    Participant

Why would you want to walk it when you can DRIVE IT! Then again, driving it would probably be horrifying…

wasiF1
    Participant

Why would you walk 22 km for?

David-A
    Participant

Why would you walk 22 km for?

Olympic event? :P

DavidS
    Participant

Two laps of the Nordschliefe would make a good marathon.

SouthAussie94
    Participant

Sorry to hijack your thread SBL, but..

Does anyone know where all the writing on the track is from? I was watching the 24hr over the weekend and the whole track is seemingly covered in it.

wasiF1
    Participant

It’s nice to see writing on track,though don’t know what is the meaning. For example it would be nice to see written ‘Ferrari car Park’ on Larascasse corner in Monaco.

S.J.M
    Participant

when i manage to afford a car that can quickly and safely get me round the Ring without taking my life or maiming me, im so up for driving round it. I imagine that laps on Forza dont even compare!

Ive no idea what the writting is for or what it means, but ive always wondered. Its been on there for as long as i know of.

DamionShadows
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the writing is done by spectators like in the Tour de France. I don’t know what they say, but it’s probably stuff like “Hi Mom!” or “You Suck!”.

RIISE

“Hi Mom!” or “You Suck!”.

Or they just bring those 2 phrases together.

VettelS

Until now, I didn’t know that an event existed that allows you to walk/cycle the track; but that’s not really my cup of tea. However, I definitely want to drive it at some point, even it’s in something totally rubbish (for the irony)!

sbl on tour
    Participant

thanks for the link kaIIe, also i,ve just thought of someone who would walk it beside the cars, that kilted berk from silverstone a few years ago who also got to appear on britains got talent… how he got on that I do not know

Bleu
    Participant

I had a look on DavidS’s idea and it would definately be one of the toughest marathons in the world. Just look at those elevations.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4612611

Basically it’s nordschleife with small section into GP course to increase length enough for the 42,195 kilometres. Well that route twice makes it 42,186 but just moving start or finish by few metres would do that.

sbl on tour
    Participant

might try to run this over the german gp race weekend, if its possible to get on the actual circuit then without petrol heads zooming about

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.