F1

Official F1 Season Review DVD's

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    GeeMac
    Participant

Hi all

I have been looking all over for somewhere I can buy the Official F1 season review DVD’s. I have given up trying to find them here in the UAE, amazon has the 04-09 seasons in NTSC format (which does me no good at all) and the “Official F1 store” on F1.com only has the 08 review. I’m pretty sure a few of you have these reviews (which started coming out on DVD on 2000 I believe), so please let me know where you got them.

Thanks!

Journeyer
    Participant

Hi GeeMac,

If you’re looking for PAL/Region 2 versions, try amazon.co.uk. ebay.co.uk should also have a treasure trove of season reviews being sold off. :)

GeeMac
    Participant

Thanks for that Journeyer, my copies of the 06-09 Reviews will (fingers crossed) be delivered next week!

Anonymous
    Inactive

play.com sometimes has some reviews in if Amazon doesn’t.

Icthyes
    Participant

How far do they go back?

Journeyer
    Participant

The official reviews start sometime around 1981, available on VHS. Copies of 1980s reviews are rare, though. The easiest way to get them are through specialized torrent sites (Google is your friend). 1990s reviews should be available on eBay. The first DVD review came out in 2003.

As for before 1981, Duke Video created a brilliant set of DVDs covering those seasons.

There is a boxset for 1970-1979 available here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Formula-Grand-Prix-Collection-1970-79/dp/B0002W1AYQ

There is also one for 1980.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I cannot for the life of me find ’88 on VHS. The rest aren’t so hard to find by comparison :P Journeyer is right that torrent sites are easier.

GeeMac
    Participant

From what I saw Amazon goes back to 03, and I could only find the 07-09 on Play.com.

If you still have a VCR you can go back well into the 80’s…

Ads21
    Participant

http://f1.f-e-n.net/?year=2009&tv_id=2009&modname=tv&step=module_action&

Great site with decent quality videos of each season review since 1970 and loads of classic races. Does take a long time to stream sometimes though.

Journeyer
    Participant

I’m not such a fan of f-e-n. Way too slow for my taste. Although not on-demand, there is a dedicated JTV channel showing F1 classics (again, Google is your friend). They show F1 season reviews and races in full (sometimes, even entire seasons at a time if you’re lucky).

GeeMac
    Participant

My 06-09 Season Review DVD’s just arrived! I am a very happy bunny! I’d highly recommend Amazon.co.uk to anyone, they have from 06-09 in stock, and you can get 03-05 from private sellers if you want to go down that route, I’m a bit too cynical for that myself.

Thanks to everyone who gave me helpful hints!

Time to fire up the dvd player…

Icthyes
    Participant

A good idea is to check your local Poundstore or equivalent. The 2008 review turned up in mine, five weeks after I’d bought mine from Amazon!

GeeMac
    Participant

I went for the “express delivery” option Icthyes…so I ended up paying more in delivery charges (around £30) than I did for the 4 DVD’s (around £20)!

I live in Dubai mate, Poundstores aren’t what this place is about!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.