F1

Name one city, town or even village where would you have a Grand Prix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    GeorgeDaviesF1
    Participant

I’d love to see London, but not sure what landmarks you’d go for

damonsmedley
    Participant

Paris. New York. Rome.

I know that’s three, but I’d love to see proper street circuits with scenery and bumps than characterless carparks like Valencia.

SouthAussie94
    Participant

Adelaide!!

Jack_Hider
    Participant

Edinburgh.

Slr
    Participant

I’d like to see a Grand Prix in somewhere in Kingston, Jamaica, the atmosphere would be intense as hell. I’d also be interested to see how an Formula One race on the highways of Tokyo would go, but that’s probably because I’ve seen too many movies.

robk23
    Participant

Oxford! The architecture would look amazing as a backdrop for an F1 circuit.

SamS
    Participant

what about aroung one of the palms in Dubai, that would be amaxing as an arial shot

Estesark
    Participant

Being biased, I’d love a Finnish GP, even if it’s just a one-off, at some point of my life. I know it’s completely unrealistic – Finland is a very small country in terms of population, though I’m sure the grandstands would be packed. Have you ever watched a race without seeing at least one Finnish flag being waved in the crowd? I don’t think I have. Motor racing is a big deal here.

However. I don’t really like street circuits, so I’d rather see a new, purpose-built track, and that could be anywhere in the world so long as it’s an exciting track.

Enigma
    Participant

Trondheim would be phenomenal.

Icthyes
    Participant

Chicago. Lakeshore Drive in the summer evening would be spectacular.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

It’s not a city. In fact, it’s not really a place. It’s a road – the Transfagarasan Highway, which Top Gear declared to be the best road in the world. We just need to figure out how to build a 5-6km circuit on it.

mrjlr93
    Participant

Like @MPJ1994 said i would love to see the race back at home in Adelaide

Stephen Jones
    Participant

Gold Coast, i seriously love that track..
    otherwise, New York.. everyone says it, and it’s probably inpossible to do. but having a race that goes through Times Square would probably be the most amazing thing in the world

Thecollaroyboys
    Participant

It has to be Sydney. Can imagine a track across the harbour bridge, down the Cahill Expwy, Macquarie St, through the middle of town and around Millers Pt and back for a reverse across the bridge for a u-turn. Now that’s scenery!

electrolite
    Participant

I’ve always thought a Scandinavian Grand Prix has been missing from the calendar, given the racing heritage and the cooler temperatures could make for some interesting and different racing. I’m not talking the Arctic circle or anything like that (way too cold!), I’m thinking perhaps Stockholm or somewhere south in Sweden. I might draw up a street circuit if I can be bothered.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.