Other series/formulae worth watching

Tagged: , , , , ,

This topic contains 41 replies, has 24 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nic Morley Nic Morley 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AndrewTanner

First thread! Apologies if it’s been done.

I now have access to loads of sports channels courtesy of Virgin Media and I would like some other motorsport to follow. What do people recommend? I know Dave has WRC (highlights) but beyond that i’m a bit in the dark.

Profile photo of sw6569

hmmm I really enjoy watching the American Le Mans series when its on-

These vids show that the series is amazingly close despite the long races!

What channels do you have?

moto gp is also a good choice, though i know less about it

Profile photo of RIISE

GT1 Championship on SkySports is always a good watch. David Croft commentates that too. Moto GP is ok, not the most entertaining but overtakes are fun to watch. I actually prefer SBK strangely enough.

Profile photo of Dan Thorn
    Dan Thorn

I really enjoyed the FIA GT1 World Championship last year. You can see all the races on http://www.gt1world.com/gt1tv but I’m not sure what channel it’s broadcast on. The BTCC on ITV4 is always a great way to spend a non-F1 sunday afternoon

Profile photo of sw6569

@ Dan Thorn, forgot about the BTCC on ITV4, you’re right, I watch that when I remember its on!

Profile photo of RIISE

Oh also I have found a sudden interest in RC racing, i’m not sure others would agree but I like it.

Profile photo of AndrewTanner

All good stuff. I think I just missed the end of the GT1 Championship. I’ve got Motors TV (how useful that is for keeping up to date with a series I don’t know), all Sky Sports, ESPN and Euro Sport.

What sort of dates do these all kick off again and what channels am I likely to be able to catch them on?

Profile photo of Asanator

MotoGP, and WSBK are good fun, I also quite like the Aussie V8’s which used to be on Motors TV, WTCC is pretty good fun as well.

Profile photo of

Aside from F1 I like to watch GP2 for open wheel racing, it’s kinda like a farm team for the F1 and most drivers that finish in the top 3 end up going to F1.

MotoGP and SBK are good if you are into bike racing, I like SBK but I have a bias because my company has a team in it.

Le Mans is good if you have patience and WRC is always a lot of fun.

Profile photo of SteveMovieVoice

last time i checked, GT1 was on ESPN along with superleague. ESPN, eurosport and motors come free with the virgin xl package

Profile photo of wasiF1

Anyone interested in Dakar Rally? I liked the route of Africa the South Americans don’t feel like a Desert Rally anymore though it is challenging.

Profile photo of bienc

I’d like to suggest Moto2 instead of MotoGP. Moto2 has 40ish riders all at the same time, and the action is almost non-stop. Great fun to watch.

Profile photo of Ads21

In case you missed my article last June:

Why you should watch the Isle of Man TT…. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/06/04/why-you-should-watch%E2%80%A6-isle-of-man-tt/

Profile photo of SteveMovieVoice

I heard that WRC was going to Channel 5 this year. Atleast rallying is back on terrestrial, even if it is on Channel CSI. Formula 3 can be found on C4, along with British GT and Formula Ford.

Profile photo of Calum

I really got into the GT1 Championship last year – I beleive this is a relatively new championship – and I can’t wait for it to start again!

Aparantly our old freinds BMW and Toyota are entering next season – under the names Alpina-BMW and Lexus respectfully. Both companies are homologising cars (Z4 and LFA) whatever that means…

The racing is quite close and competing cars are:

Aston Martin DBR9

Corvette C6.1

Ford GT1

Lamborghini Murcielago

Masaratti MC12

Nissan GT-R

A good mix of cars of relativly equal performance.

Also, all races, quali races are on the FIA GT1 website in the vids section – I wish F1 could do that!!

And on race/quali/practice day there is a legal live stream on the same website.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.