• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 3 hours, 51 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Pass of the Year 2012: Australian Grand Prix

This topic contains 42 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Scottie
    Participant

another vote for Vettel vs Rosberg :)

GameR_K

Without a doubt, Vettel on Rosberg.

Eduardo
    Participant

If I’m not wrong, Kobayashi was already overtaking some guys before DRS being enabled… we have to take this into consideration …

David-A
    Participant

I would say it is Vettel on Rosberg, though there were some other good ones from Kobayashi and Raikkonen.

Enigma
    Participant

I vote for Vettel’s pass as well. It was a clever one – he used most of his KERS out of turn 8, far from ideal for laptime but obviously allowed him to pass Rosberg. I suppose he learnt it from Hamilton in Shanghai last year!

damonsmedley
    Participant

Vettel on Rosberg and Kobayashi on Raikkonen are about as good as each other. I can’t recall ever seeing a driver pass around the outside at either corner!

@katederby I’m not sure Webber’s ‘pass’ (no idea what to call it! :P) on Rosberg was that good. He wasn’t far enough alongside to make a move stick and probably should have backed out before the turn-in. He’s lucky, because I wouldn’t have blamed Rosberg if he turned in and they had collided. Nico was very courteous, and paid the price by running wide.

andae23
    Participant

Vettel on Rosberg for me: Kobayashi on Raikkonen was more of an accidental pass. I believe Kobi just outbraked himself and accidentally passed Raikkonen before even realising it!

Fabiana
    Participant

Definitely Vettel on Rosberg. That move was amazing and proved that he CAN drive.

Xenon2
    Participant

Vettel v Rosberg and Raïkkönen v Kobayashi stood out.

damonsmedley
    Participant

Look at what I’ve found! It seems I was wrong — Vettel wasn’t the first to pass around the outside of turn 9.

Stephen Jones
    Participant

dun, dun, duuuun!

Jani
    Participant

Raikkonen on Kobayashi

Keith Collantine
    Keymaster

Thanks for contributing, everyone. The shortlist will now be drawn up and the ten most popular suggestions from the year put to a vote.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.