• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 15 hours, 31 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Pass of the year – 2012 Singapore Grand Prix

This topic contains 33 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keith Collantine Keith Collantine 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Enigma
    Enigma
    Participant

Massa on Senna was brilliant

Profile photo of Prisoner Monkeys
    Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

“Brilliant” probably isn’t the word I’d use. It was amazing that Massa caught the car and got past Senna, but it was also very, very lucky.

I’d say the best pass was Maldonado early on, the one where he nearly lost control himself. It must have caught him by surprise, but he just kept going with it and made the pass stick.

Profile photo of Gabriel Fernando
    Gabriel Fernando
    Participant

Massa on Senna!!
    Absolutely fabolus stuff.
    Senna did not see Massa.

Profile photo of Kingshark
    Kingshark
    Participant

Massa on Senna was simply tremendous and had my heart in my mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNYj7NXvTdw

Overtaking someone side-ways drifting on the very narrowest section of a street circuit. That was awesome.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@gabrielfernando

Senna did not see Massa.

I don’t think Massa saw Senna, either.

Kingshark
    Participant

I don’t think Massa saw Senna, either.

Successful sarcasm.

Although I agree that Senna’s defensive move was banzai, if that’s what you do mean.

Profile photo of matt90
    matt90
    Participant

I don’t know who to give it to, but not Massa. For one thing, he had to leave the track to try and get alongside. It was certainly spectacular though.

One note on that move: had Senna not moved over so soon, and hugged the right-hand wall at the time when he was actually brushing against Massa, when it came to the kink after the bridge he may have naturally ran wide into Massa.

Profile photo of Antonio Nartea
    Antonio Nartea
    Participant

I’d say the best pass was Maldonado early on

Finally, someone noticed that! I thought I was the only one and I’m baffled no one actually mentioned it so far. It was a top class overtaking manouver. However, I’m going to rate it second best. Massa on Senna was pure class. Lucky as well, indeed, but…the skill and the balls on Felipe in that particular situation are applause-worthy, for sure.

Kingshark
    Participant

Which pass of Maldonado early on who?

Profile photo of craig-o
    craig-o
    Participant

Massa on Senna, easily.

Profile photo of Antonio Nartea
    Antonio Nartea
    Participant

@kingshark – Maldonado on Hulkenberg if I’m not mistaken? After the first pit stop. @prisoner-monkeys – correct me if I’m wrong. Maldonado slinging from behind almost losing it on the exit but still made it stick. Not as dramatic as Massa on Senna but still, quality.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@Antonio-Nartea

I don´t think that was such an impressive pass…. He got a better exit and was just surprised by the DRS and Hulkenbergs dirty air; yeah he had to correct a little bit but i think for them it´s not such a big deal…

Profile photo of Tinakori Road
    Tinakori Road
    Participant

The pass and the Save of Massa on Senna

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@tony031r – The difference between Maldonado’s pass and Massa’s pass was that Maldonado showed skill in catching the car and then making the pass work. Massa was simply lucky to bludgeon his way through without hitting anyone or anything.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.