F1

Pass of the Year: 2012 Spanish Grand Prix

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    raymondu999
    Participant

As @keithcollantine has asked me to continue on the job of starting these – I will.

My personal vote is Vettel on Rosberg (TWICE!) into Turn 9. I thought the pass on Hamilton around Turn 1 was fantastic too.

David-A
    Participant

Vettel on Rosberg towards the end, Kobayashi on Button.

matt90
    Participant

Hamilton was on fresher tyres, but did a great pass around the outside of a Toro Rosso in T4, and up the inside of (I think) Hulkenberg into 6 or 7 or whatever that left turn is.

Vettel on Rosberg was nice too.

Slr
    Participant

-Kobayashi on Button
    -Hamilton on the Toro Rossos
    -Vettel on Rosberg

By the way, that is in no particular order.

necrodethmortem
    Participant

-Kobayashi on Button
    -Hamilton on the Toro Rossos
    -Vettel on Rosberg

By the way, that is in no particular order.

damonsmedley
    Participant

There weren’t any stunning passes today (some of the passes around the outside of turn 1 might have been OK if the DRS didn’t allow them to breeze past before the turn-in) but I think Kobayashi and Vettel were on top form. I can’t remember who it was on (!) but Vettel’s late-braking move on someone into turn 10 towards the end of the race was quite nice. The one they showed from the over-the-shoulder onboard camera, that is.

matt90
    Participant

I just want to take exception to what Coulthard just said: “Vettel around the outside into turn 1- very special.” It very much wasn’t.

necrodethmortem
    Participant

I think those 3 Slr mentioned were better than any from the last 3 races.

Guilherme
    Participant

@damonsmedley I think it was on Button!

Bullfrog
    Participant

Hamilton getting the whole Toro Rosso team in one move was great!

Also, Button (I think) passing Massa on the outside into turn 1 – this was good because Massa was using his DRS to defend (he’d been behind Vergne, I think, who went into the pits)

Fer no.65
    Participant

Hamilton on both the Toro Rossos was superb. The way he put himself in position to attack the leading one was the move of the race. One on the inside, one on the outside…

I really liked Kobayashi’s move on Button. I bet JB didn’t see it coming at all, as he was so far back… Same with Rosberg, though he was really defending at the time and have a problem with his car.

Hamilton’s overtakes on the Toro Rossos

Kingshark
    Participant

Hamilton’s overtakes on the Toro Rosso’s by far, that was epic stuff by Lewis.

Other honourable mentions are Kobayashi on Button and Vettel on Rosberg.

raymondu999
    Participant

@damonsmedley That was Vettel on Button.

Yeah I have to echo Lewis’s double overtake on the STRs around turn 4 too – forgot that one.

damonsmedley
    Participant

There was also a move from Lewis in the opening laps on Bruno Senna into that left hander that feeds into the hill that leads up to Campsa. I thought it was going to be a half-hearted India 2011-style move, but he committed to it, braked late, and was alongside before they turned in. Actually, I’m quite sure Lewis would have pulled off the overtake of the race but we’d have to have his entire race from onboard (or just unlimited FOM access!) to see every pass he pulled off!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.