It seems Pirelli is now considering using exactly the same tyres for GP2 as they do for F1 (or the other way around).
- better experience for GP2 drivers as they learn the rubber
- Marketing advantage for Pirelli
- Cost advantage for Pirelli
- Enormous scope for development, as they can test a lot more miles with all GP2 AND F1 test taken together, and have more data from each track.
- will tyres be compromised for F1 as they have to suit GP2 as well?
- competative advantage for teams running a GP2 team (Renault-DAMS, possibly Virgin/Manor and Lotus, some information for RBR from Horners Arden connection)
Do you think this is is a good idea or not?