F1

Possible return of those F1 posters?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.pjtierney.net/2011/11/return-of-formula-1-posters.html

As you all know I made a bunch of F1-themed posters at the start of the season (you can see them on the F1F race programme banners), and as quite a few of you will remember they’ve been unavailable since July due to some minor issues FOM had with them.

I’ve been getting emails ever since from people who want to buy them and am now considering making “stripped down” versions of the most popular ones. At the moment that means:

Britain
    Japan
    Monaco
    …and 2 more, possibly India and Singapore.

Anyway, I’m wondering which ones you guys prefer most so that I can put some mockups together and ask FOM if they’re okay to sell.

Nothing might come of this but I figure I’ll give it a go anyway and see what happens :)
    -PJ

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was wondering what had happened to your F1 poster entreprise when all of them appeared unavailable.

Is there any way around the FOM’s requirements to still have the dates/places/rounds marked on them. I’d ultimately prefer an “unofficial” mark on the bottom of the poster rather than seeing the graphism stripped of the race context.

I would definitely agree with your three “certain” choices (Monaco, Britain, Japan), but would remain unsure about the other two you propose. The graphic of the Indian GP poster is magnificent, the race wasn’t a worldwide fan favourite though.
    Then again, if you are not including the dates, this could very well be an unnecessary remark on my behalf!

Best of luck with the FOM! And congratulations on the beautiful work you’ve done…

Why FOM haven’t decided to commission you to produce next year’s Grand Prix programme covers after seeing the incredible stuff you produced this year, I have no idea.

Actually, yes I do. It’s FOM.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Magnificent-Geoffrey

Fools and Other Morons. You didn’t hear it from me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I sent them some posters a while back (also posted some to a few teams too), so hopefully some work comes out of that.

I’m already doing the cover for a French F1 magazine for their 2012 season preview, it’s nearly finished and I hope to show it to you all soon.

Either way, we’ll see what happens with these posters; I’m playing it as safe as possible by stripping back what I could. If there’s one thing worse than ticking off FOM, it’s doing it twice, so I want to avoid that ;)

damonsmedley
    Participant

What Magffrey said. I’d love to see your work used by FOM. Don’t give up!

And yeah, probably don’t tick them off again… :P

Anonymous
    Inactive

So it’s looking like:

Britain
    Monaco
    Japan
    Singapore
    India

Good mix of old and new, and the colour schemes are okay as well (the orange of India looks SO good when you see it in print :)).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Posters picked, mockups done, email sent to FOM. Fingers crossed things work out!

Anonymous
    Inactive

FOM have replied, and the news is good. I’ll blog about it during the week and what the plans with the posters are.

jonnyw360f1
    Participant

What did they say?! :D

Nixon
    Participant

Yeah, dont leave us hanging :)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Silverkeg
    Participant

Congratulations PJ. Your work is fantastic

Anonymous
    Inactive

Some quick updates:

Icthyes
    Participant

I would love a Canadian one if possible…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.