F1

Poster of all F1 drivers’ champions’ helmets

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    libertine
    Participant

I have designed a print based on the drovers helmets I already new and some research into some older champions which I wasn’t sure on.

If anybody could look it over and let me know if it looks ok, if anything needs changing, and any general thoughts on it, I would be really grateful.

Thank you

Link to image:
    http://s1163.photobucket.com/user/mountedgifts/media/FAChamps_zpsedce3729.jpg.html

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Good job man.

Max Jacobson
    Participant

@libertine it’s incredibly interesting to see the evolution of helmet design both in terms of shape and of patterns, and the growing sponsorship influence on them. Great job!

Max Jacobson
    Participant

It also illustrates very well just how exclusive a club the F1 World Championship Winner’s is!

libertine
    Participant

Thanks for your comments :) took quite a while to put together. And I tried to research as best I could, I just hope it is all correct!

JackySteeg
    Participant

Very professional looking, excellent stuff! It’s good to see something like this as I feel the evolution of the crash helmet (and driver safety in general) is just as interesting as the evolution of the race car.

Lucas Wilson
    Participant

Jackie Stewart looks like he had the first helmet that might have offered him some protection.

photo FAChamps_zpsedce3729.jpg

hunocsi
    Participant

Shouldn’t you rather include JB’s helmet with the red and blue? I mean I know he won it with the yellow-black colours when he was with Brawn, but that’s not the one really representing him.

Oli Peacock
    Participant

You could say that for a lot the helmets @hunocsi

hunocsi
    Participant

True, but that was for me the most eye-catching.

libertine
    Participant

I tried to represent each driver with the helmet that they won the championship in. Obviously a few drivers won multiple times. But that was the theme I was going for rather than the more iconic helmets that may represent them. Thanks for the comments though, its nice to see other peoples view on my work.

xjr15jaaag
    Participant

How did you pick Vettels helmet?

pH
    Participant

I like it a lot.
    Reminds me of another thing. In the late 80’s I got a prospectus for one of the Hungarian GP’s and there was a nice chart of all drivers’ helmets. I cherished it for many years. About a year ago I searched the internet for something similar for other seasons, but to no avail. Perhaps I was not good enough, does anyone know of such a thing?

libertine
    Participant

Vettels helmet I think was this seasons. The idea being that its the most current. Would you suggest a more iconic helmet for Vettel @xjr15jaaag ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.