As this season progresses, I think the chances that we will see a driver change increase as well. There haven’t been any major mid-season changes since 2011 (with Senna for Heidfeld and Ricciardo for Karthikeyan), as the changes by Lotus in the last two seasons were forced.
For me there are a few possible scenarios/changes. Please comment on what you think the chances of the following changes happening.
1. Carlos Sainz Jr. replacing one of the Caterham drivers (probably Kobayashi).
-I think this is highly likely, as Kolles likes to do this sort of thing for $$$$$$$ and Red Bull have $$$$$$$.
2. van der Garde replacing Gutierrez at Sauber.
-I think this is possible, especially if Gutierrez keeps up his current (horrible) form.
3. Raikkonen not racing in Hockenheim and being replaced by Bianchi/de la Rosa.
-Unlikely, but if so I think it would be Bianchi, and then who knows the driver Marussia would select (Gonzalez?).
4. Sirotkin driving in Russia for Sauber.
-Highly unlikely, but I wouldn’t put it past Sauber at the moment. His sponsors don’t have a shortage of cash.
5. Maldonado receiving a race ban.
-Always on the cards. Unlikely, but it is bound to happen at some point, you would think. Pic would stand in.