F1 Fanatic - F1
As this season progresses, I think the chances that we will see a driver change increase as well. There haven’t been any major mid-season changes since 2011 (with Senna for Heidfeld and Ricciardo for Karthikeyan), as the changes by Lotus in the last two seasons were forced.
For me there are a few possible scenarios/changes. Please comment on what you think the chances of the following changes happening.
1. Carlos Sainz Jr. replacing one of the Caterham drivers (probably Kobayashi).
-I think this is highly likely, as Kolles likes to do this sort of thing for $$$$$$$ and Red Bull have $$$$$$$.
2. van der Garde replacing Gutierrez at Sauber.
-I think this is possible, especially if Gutierrez keeps up his current (horrible) form.
3. Raikkonen not racing in Hockenheim and being replaced by Bianchi/de la Rosa.
-Unlikely, but if so I think it would be Bianchi, and then who knows the driver Marussia would select (Gonzalez?).
4. Sirotkin driving in Russia for Sauber.
-Highly unlikely, but I wouldn’t put it past Sauber at the moment. His sponsors don’t have a shortage of cash.
5. Maldonado receiving a race ban.
-Always on the cards. Unlikely, but it is bound to happen at some point, you would think. Pic would stand in.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.