F1

Potential Driver Replacements 2014

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Adam Blocker
    Participant

As this season progresses, I think the chances that we will see a driver change increase as well. There haven’t been any major mid-season changes since 2011 (with Senna for Heidfeld and Ricciardo for Karthikeyan), as the changes by Lotus in the last two seasons were forced.

For me there are a few possible scenarios/changes. Please comment on what you think the chances of the following changes happening.

1. Carlos Sainz Jr. replacing one of the Caterham drivers (probably Kobayashi).

-I think this is highly likely, as Kolles likes to do this sort of thing for $$$$$$$ and Red Bull have $$$$$$$.

2. van der Garde replacing Gutierrez at Sauber.

-I think this is possible, especially if Gutierrez keeps up his current (horrible) form.

3. Raikkonen not racing in Hockenheim and being replaced by Bianchi/de la Rosa.

-Unlikely, but if so I think it would be Bianchi, and then who knows the driver Marussia would select (Gonzalez?).

4. Sirotkin driving in Russia for Sauber.

-Highly unlikely, but I wouldn’t put it past Sauber at the moment. His sponsors don’t have a shortage of cash.

5. Maldonado receiving a race ban.

-Always on the cards. Unlikely, but it is bound to happen at some point, you would think. Pic would stand in.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.