• Profile picture of Keith Collantine

Group Mods

• Profile picture of damonsmedley
  • Profile picture of Bradley Downton

F1

Public Group active 46 minutes ago

F1 discussion

Predict the pecking order of 2014

This topic contains 47 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Spencer White Spencer White 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    craig-o
    Participant

Red Bull
    Mercedes
    Ferrari
    McLaren

Sauber
    Force India
    Lotus
    Williams

Toro Rosso
    Caterham
    Marussia

As long as McLaren don’t start with the 6th fastest car again!!!

ME4ME
    Participant

@George: Not until the end of 2015. Horner has indicated Redbull will keep him working on their car for the forseeable future.

George
    Participant

@me4me
    Aha, that passed me by, thanks :)

Deej92
    Participant

The way I can see it panning out is Red Bull will be a little slow out of the blocks and Team Brackley will have the early advantage (like 2009). I think Mercedes’ driver line-up will be crucial to them getting the Constructors’. It could take Ricciardo a few races to get up to speed and get used to driving near the sharp end of the grid, which could give Mercedes some breathing space.

McLaren will be chomping at the bit to get back to winning ways and I can see it happening. Button will be as consistent as ever, collecting good points, maybe the odd win. Magnussen I can see beating Button, and at least a couple of wins in his debut season aren’t out of the question.

Ferrari will produce another car that doesn’t meet expectations, and the addition of Raikkonen won’t hide that. Alonso and Raikkonen will both be out-performing the car as we’d expect (particularly from Alonso) and it will have good reliability. One or two wins for Alonso, but it will mainly be many top 5 finishes for both drivers – not enough to challenge McLaren.

Force India will produce another decent car, but with Hulkenberg at the wheel, he again has some brilliant races. I can see Force India getting a couple of podiums (the first time since 2009), coming from both him and Perez. Perez will be picking up good points at many races to back Hulkenberg up.

Lotus’ loss of key personnel will show. Grosjean will be consistent, but could show some of his 2012 self in the midfield. Maldonado will be in the points often, but a podium finish could be too far for either driver.

Williams’ drivers will be regular points-scorers in an average year for them. Toro Rosso have a good year for them, with Kvyat giving Red Bull food for thought for a 2015 drive if Ricciardo struggles (but he’s likely to have two years at least). Vergne struggles massively and is dropped in the summer break for Sainz. Sauber’s weak driver line-up really puts them on the back foot, on the assumption that it’s Gutierrez-Sutil. Both get only a handful of points.

Caterham might be closer to the midfield, and the odd point here and there could be in the offing. Marussia will be left behind which could be the final nail in the coffin for them.

Diceman
    Participant

1. Red Bull
    2. Mercedes

3. Mclaren
    4. Ferrari

5. Lotus
    6. Force India
    7. Williams

8. Sauber
    9. Toro Rosso

10. Marussia
    11. Caterham

Funkyf1
    Participant

Mercedes
    Ferrari
    Redbull
    Williams
    Mclaren
    Force India
    Toro Rosso
    Sauber
    Lotus
    …….
    ……..

Fab F1
    Participant

1. Red Bull (Definitely Newey can design a great car, though Ricciardo might take some time to get to the top. )
    2. Mercedes (Mercedes Engines a big positive and can target Ricciardo, with a strong and experienced line up )

3. Ferrari (Alonso – Kimi pair will definitely boost their chances, and if Ferrari got a better car than the last season, they will able to challenge the above two. )
    4. Mclaren (Not bad as 2013 season, still fortune hangs on how Kevin performs.)

5. Force India (Hulkenberg can surly push if they got a decent car. And if Perez is the other driver, both can surprise the big four. )
    6. Lotus (I wonder after all the current issues, and loosing some of the key people, will they produce a great car? Even then Maldonado will not match Kimi.)

7. Williams (They are determined, and got some good technicians both from Redbull and Lotus,lot depend on Massa and Bottas. )
    8. Toro Rosso (As long as Toro Rosso’s aim is to deliver drivers to Red Bull, I don’t think they will improve much. )

9. Sauber (Current line up as they say – Guti – Sutil, will not ring a bell, even if they got a decent car)

10. Marussia (Bianchi is a future talent, and he really impressed me on his debut, will again beat Caterham.)
    11. Caterham (lot depends on their driving lineup. If Helki is there, he got some natural speed. and can get into 10 towards the end.)

Fixy
    Participant

1. Red Bull
    2. Mercedes
    3. Ferrari
    4. McLaren
    5. Lotus
    6. Williams
    7. Force India
    8. Toro Rosso
    9. Sauber
    10. Marussia
    11. Caterham

Kingshark
    Participant

Rosberg says that Mercedes are “ready to beat Red Bull” in 2014
    http://en.espnf1.com/mercedes/motorsport/story/139103.html

Now combine this with Mercedes requesting wider tyres than Renault and Ferrari, and Merc being the only team to block the 10 kg weight rise. For me, there’s just too much smoke for there not to be fire. Mercedes seem so confident about the WO5, it’s hard not to believe some of the rumors.

Steven
    Participant

Wow, a lot of support for Mercedes. I really hope that’s the case, but the realist (or perhaps pessimist) in me has a hard time believing that RBR is going to drop in performance that significantly.

I’m hoping for a slightly odd start to the year (like in 2009) when the top teams were suddenly backmarkers (à la Ferrari and McLaren) and you suddenly saw Honda (well, it was, technically), Red Bull, and Toyota fighting it out at the top. It’d be cool to see some of the mid-field teams actually have a legitimate crack at a race victory (like Perez in Malaysia chasing Alonso, or even something like Maldonado in Spain)… although, that said, Honda, Red Bull, and Toyota certainly did not have midfield budgets…

Theo Parkinson
    Participant

My prediction is a similar repeat of 2010 only with different teams. Ferrari are the new Mclaren, they’ll be consistent and will look good no matter what because of two star drivers. Mercedes will probably be the new Red Bull. Fast for the start of the year, perhaps a bit of controversy and they’ll struggle a bit later on trying to develop the car for both drivers. Red Bull will probably be the new Ferrari (this one I’m sure of). At the start of the year they’ll struggle. They’ll be some team orders, they’ll claw back into the title fight later on and Vettel will be the 5th contender with Daniel not able to get podiums. Mclaren will be a bit like Renault, good on some days but mainly due to their drivers and they’ll interrupt the races of the frontrunners.

Todfod
    Participant

1. Red Bull
    2. Mercedes
    3. Mclaren
    4. Lotus
    5. Ferrari
    6. Williams
    7. Force India
    8. Sauber
    9. Toro Rosso
    10. Caterham
    11. Marrussia

sandy
    Participant

1.Ferrari
    2. Mercedes
    3. Red Bull
    4. Mclaren
    5. Force India
    6. Williams
    7. Toro Rosso
    8. Caterham
    9. Sauber
    10. Marussia
    11. Lotus

RetardedF1sh
    Participant

1. Mercedes – They could have the best car but even though their drivers are good, they’re not quite as good as Ferrari’s and therefore they will be very close in results point of view. Also the loss of Ross Brawn might cause them some harm.
    2. Ferrari – The have new key people such as James Allison and with two of the best drivers in the sport, they are going to challenge the Mercedes’ and Red Bulls for the titles for sure, maybe even taking both of them, don’t now which driver though.
    3. Red Bull – The have compromised their next years car a bit by pushing this years car too much which might cost them a bit and I also think that Ricciardo will not be good enough in the beginnig of the season to make the team fight for the title, Vettel is still going to be a title contender.
    4. McLaren – They are still a great team despite being off the pace this season. Their drivers however aren’t the best possible. Button has seen his best days and Magnussen is a rookie, though I think he will have the upper hand over Button towards the end of the season.
    5. Williams – With Pat Symonds, Dave Wheater and Shaun Whitehead joining as well as Massa’s experience and Bottas’ natural talent, they are going to be a serious contender in the midfield. Possible podiums and regular points.
    6. Lotus – With their current financial situation, I don’t see them being a top team any more but Grosjean, who is a future star, and Maldonado, who is decent and brings some money, will be quite good, maybe with occational podiums but I don’t see them winning races.
    7. Force India – They have two great drivers but not many people inside the team has changed so I don’t think they will be improving much from this year. Hulkenberg is surely going to outperform the car as might Perez but in a smaller scale.
    8. Sauber – Their problem is the same as Lotus’, no money. With Sutil and possibly Gutierrez, Sirotkin or van der Garde driving, they are not looking good in the drivers’ point of view either. However they have previously been making good cars with a small budget.
    9. Toro Rosso – Since Red Bull are focusing on their main team, I don’t see Toro Rosso breaking out of the lower midfield. Also Vergne is just an average driver and Kvyat still only a rookie, with some potential though.
    10. Caterham – They have a bigger budget than Marussia, so they should be better next year but then again, so was this season. If they get Kovalainen, they will surely be better than Marussia if they keep Chilton or get another less-than-average (useless in Chilton’s case) pay driver.
    11. Marussia – With Bianchi in the wheel they are going to be close to Caterham as always but their budget is not enough to pass them for good and their other driver will likely not bee as good as Bianchi.

DaveF1
    Participant

Mercedes
    Red Bull
    Ferrari
    Force India
    McLaren
    Lotus
    Williams
    Sauber
    Toro Rosso
    Marussia
    Caterham

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.