F1

Raikkonen to Ferrari fresh rumours

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Mclaren
    Participant

The silly season gets sillier, there are reports that kimi has been offered a new deal by Ferrari which is “more lucrative” than the $15 million offer made by RBR. This is hotting up, there are all sorts of potential partnerships now looking possible ALO-VET, RAI-VET, ALO-RAI. Next we’re going to hear williams have offered Hamilton a deal.

PieLighter
    Participant

Source?

karter22
    Participant

This is totally ridiculous… You honestly think Ferrari would want Kimi back? Geeez… that would mean that they would have to carry an extra freezer for his icescream. I don´t see this happening ever.

Mclaren
    Participant

Germany’s Bild newspaper is the main source claiming this, its not 100% reliable but if i remeber correctly, they were the first ones to claim the Paddy Lowe to Mercedes move.

Oli Peacock
    Participant
    electrolite
    Participant

Alonso and Raikkonen… doesn’t get much more solid than that!

andae23
    Participant
    Anonymous
    Inactive

If that happens I will eat my Pirelli cap.

Wondered how serious the rumours were, saw someone had linked to ‘Bleacher Report’, moved on.

Roald
    Participant

Bild started the rumour. How much Ferrari must be regretting firing Raikkonen instead of Massa back then…

Diceman
    Participant

Whatever next? Vettel to Marussia?

Lucas Wilson
    Participant
    magon4
    Participant

If it’s originally from BILD, there is a good chance it’s true.

Deej92
    Participant

Absolutely remarkable rumour. I know it’s silly season, but I’m sure the levels of silliness have never been so high. To me, this rumour is more realistic than the Alonso to Red Bull, but still it is astounding.

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

With all of these weird rumours popping up all of a sudden, I suspect that one of the teams is behind it and they’re looking to make a fairly audacious play for a driver, but are deliberately muddying the waters to keep their intentions secret for the time being.

I suspect it’s Ferrari. Massa is under-performing (again), and they really got caught out by the advent of driver development programmes. They need an audacious move, so it makes sense for them to stall for time until they are ready to show their hand.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.