F1

Red Bull RB9 Launch Thread

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    andae23
    Participant

Today the reigning champions will present their car for the 2013 season – or so we hope, considering Mercedes would present their car yesterday. As far as I know, Red Bull will show a video clip of the new car on their youtube channel at 1pm GMT, followed by some other stuff on their website from 2pm. This means that unlike all events so far, there will be no livestream, nor have they leaked any teaser images yet :(

http://www.redbullracing.com/cs/RedBull/RBImages/000/000/590/509/photo610x343a/RB9.jpg

Max Jacobson
    Participant

I was under the impression they were doing a live stream through YouTube. At least it’s unlikely to crash then, I think youtube are prepared for the amount of site traffic!

Ryan Williams
    Participant

Here are some screengrabs from the launch video

andae23
    Participant

My eyes! it’s purple!

plutoniumhunter
    Participant

A… double-stepped nose?

GeeMac
    Participant

I like the fact that Red Bull are willing to mix it up a bit by going for this cool purple effect, but it seems to clash quite badly with the yellow and red. I’ll have to keep staring at this picture for a while to make my mind up!

Ryan Williams
    Participant

I actually quite like the purple. Think it’ll look best under the Singapore/Yas Marina lights

Giggsy11
    Participant

The slot at the front has gone, i think this pretty much sums up that it was used to stall the front wing. With the DRS zone coming into qualifying now this makes gains from Double DRS and the Front wing stalling much less significant so they have opted to cover the slot as they wont use it.

andae23
    Participant

The slot at the front has gone, i think this pretty much sums up that it was used to stall the front wing.

I don’t think so: the actual slot is too small for that function. The idea of making the slot look that big was to create a lateral vortex, which smoothed out the step in the nose. With the vanity panel, there is no need for them to use the slot anymore, thus they removed it.

Looks like Newey’s done it again, if it goes as well as it looks then it’s a winner.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.