F1

Red Bull to make final move for Raikkonen – Tony Jardine

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mclaren
    Participant

Now the latest we’re hearing is that RBR are to make one final push for Raikkonen this weekend at spa. He also adds that the news of talks being halted between the two parties was put out there as a strategic move and the team according to him, shall announce their line-up at Monza, not spa. One thing is for sure, we fans haven’t a clue as to what’s going on.
    http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8879635/red-bull-to-make-final-move-for-kimi?

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Honestly, it sounds more like Jardine was convinced Raikkonen would go to Red Bull, and now he’s trying to explain everything away to make it a reality.

Honestly, it sounds more like Jardine was convinced Raikkonen would go to Red Bull, and now he’s trying to explain everything away to make it a reality.

Pretty much.

I wish people would just let it go.

Libellula
    Participant

All the Twitter-sphere is going on about Kimi at Ferrari! Dunno what to think, they treated him badly IMO and although I still like the driver from his McLaren days, i don’t think he should be back there again! That said, we’re looking forward to 2014 with great enthusiasm and Mercedes seems pretty settled; the other top teams would want to challenge with 2 consistent drivers…

Force Maikel
    Participant

Well for all we know he could be right but I’m not counting on it. How trustworthy is this Jardine character?

Mclaren
    Participant

Dr Helmut Marko has confirmed that they will not be annoucing their 2014 driver line-up at Spa, which consolidates Jardine’s theory.
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/461114/No_driver_announcement_at_Spa/

I cant help but feel all this distraction for Lotus/RBR/Ferrari regarding driver line-ups is playing into the hands of Mercedes. They have 2 committed drivers and are just focused on nailing their 2014 car ahead of next season.

Force Maikel
    Participant

Driver choise has rarely an effect on the designing of a car which will be used next year. What worries me more are the rumors that the Mercedes engine has 100Hp more then the competition. Williams will be pleased with that rumor and so will Mclaren (at least for one year!).

tmekt
    Participant

@prisoner-monkeys – Honestly, in your case it sounds more like you choose to not believe this because otherwise you’d have admit that Red Bull actually wants Kimi (and prefers him over Ricciardo, for example). And you don’t like that.

If a journalist claims to have sources to tell him or her something it IS usually the case as well (obviously, the sources might just as well be wrong). Does anyone have anything concrete to back their claims of him being wrong? Of course, that doesn’t prove he’s right but if you strongly believe he’s lying, I’d like to know what’s the reason behind?

Todfod
    Participant

I think its done and dusted. Kimi’s manager wouldn’t come out and say he isn’t joining red bull unless he was certain.

God knows who Jardine has as sources… coz they’re obviously just playing with him

raymondu999
    Participant

@todfod ah… but what if Steve Robertson was his source? We’re all just playing into his massive mind game

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

@tmekt – As we saw last year, Eddie Jordan got a huge boost out of correctly calling Hamilton’s move to Mercedes. With Raikkonen being such a popular driver and with so much speculation over his future, whoever correctly predicts Raikkonen’s next move stands to reap similar benefits.

Todfod
    Participant

I’m surprised a lot of pundits are not linking Raikkonen back to Mclaren, heck, it actually seems more plausible than Ferrari.

Mclaren are the top team right now with sub par drivers, and their 2014 title chances with Mercedes engines look good, so why wouldn’t they look at a top notch driver like Raikkonen to replace Button

Prisoner Monkeys
    Participant

Because they’re happy with Button.

Nick
    Participant

@Todfod Button has a ‘long-term’ contract and I don’t see them ditching Perez after one year either.

Ferrari should get rid of Massa, Red Bull is losing Webber, Lotus has no drivers signed yet and the rest of the field isn’t an option for Raikkonen, I think.

To be honest, while Kimi might be one to not talk about it, Robertson usually has been very straightforward about his negotiations with teams, like McLaren for 2010 not working out. Sure, Red Bull can send him one final offer, but Robertson never said never, just that the previous negotiations have ended. Basically, the rest is all deducted by F1 sites, fans alike.

Todfod
    Participant

Because they’re happy with Button.

I guess that’s a sign that Mclaren are on their way to mediocrity

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.